Power windows and/or glass break shards

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by supra4life, May 31, 2019.

?

Would these be cool?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Well maybe if they have the time to add them

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Hello i think it would be cool if there were power windows that actually open so you could grab something small with the node grabber and put it in through the window for example. And glass shards when a window breaks would be awesome too. I know it would be hard for them to do but it would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Glass shards would probably be kind of resource intensive to simulate realistically, especially for a pretty small detail. Power windows would be cool, but really aren’t necessary, and the devs have other priorities I’m sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I have been working on power windows a while ago. It's pretty difficult but, as most crazy (or not so crazy) ideas,
    it CAN be done. Don't know if I'll find the effort to spend more time on it, maybe I will.. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

If it does come, I think they should bind it to the + and - keys on the number pad. They don't do anything that I know of.

5. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

just do it the way most games do it - a simple particle effect after the glass breaks

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I think the GTA games have this, specifically 4 and 5. They could do it like the dirt effects but just glass

7. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Well yeah, but that’s not really simulation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

you could have small pre-made chunks of glass that fall down and vary in size depending on which glass is broken and where

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Well, sometimes glass doesn't completely go after it's hit. There may still be a shattered side of it like this:

However, I think it'll be graphically intensive for there to be shards on the ground like this if that's what you mean

--- Post updated ---
    In video games, glass, broken and fixed, can be a hard thing to render though. Some games have the glass only really exists on the outside but it's clear on the inside. For example, some Ubisoft games may show broken glass on the exterior of a vehicle but if you go into the interior it looks as though you're just looking through a camera, so the broken glass doesn't show up. Other games show it on both, like GTA and Forza, but the thing is those have extremely good graphics and don't have intense damage models.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the shards wouldn't be individual but just a pile of texture that looks like individual glass shards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice