1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Post your flex shots!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShinyChicken7, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ShinyChicken7

ShinyChicken7
    Expand Collapse

I thought it would be fun to see just how far people can flex out these poor trucks!
    Flex.jpg

Lets see your best

2. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

3. ShinyChicken7

ShinyChicken7
    Expand Collapse

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Hehehe...
    4Pf5z.jpg 4Pquu.jpg

My baja-crawler... Yep :D

#4 Mythbuster, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  5. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

6. BreadForMen

BreadForMen
    Expand Collapse

Tried a couple...

Attached Files:

• BeamNG.drive.x86 2013-10-13 16-12-14-048.jpg
    • BeamNG.drive.x86 2013-10-13 16-16-15-441.jpg
  7. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

8. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

A thread about flexing? lol, I'll just use one of the best/only dedicated crawlers available for download that no one seems to know about or bother to try.

/selfpity

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

Not a single map or trail has been too hard for this truck. That has to say something.

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Beep
    4QLAT.jpeg

Running front swaybar for handling(that pic is still nowhere near it's limit of flex, even with front swaybar), pushrod/cantilever rear suspension, super low center of gravity. The only times it got stuck on a trail was due to driver error(I got stuck due to too little speed, and I made a frontflip later due to too much speed, on 2nd attempts it went over both obstacles easily). Also, it climbs vertical walls of about 0.5 meters, maybe more. And it does baja jumps... I should probably mesh it soon, cause posting pictures like this is a bit silly, I just realised that after posting...

That really just means it's unrealistic in this case. It's impossible to make a real life pick-up with such small wheels with such small thread and so little ground clearance make it over rocks that big. Plus, Dkutch's Moonbuggy is WAY better for crawling(and yes, it *was* released, so that still counts imho)... You'll probably say that's not a dedicated crawler, but it kind of is... Calling your own mod the best dedicated crawler because there's none other for download seems a bit silly and full of yourself btw...

EDIT@below: Sure mate. Yeah, it really makes me happy to put words in other peoples mouths... Or something. People don't try your pickup because it's unrealistic and silly and it has an ugly black paintjob. There I said it. Happy? If you really knew that much about crawlers, make a proper one. Don't need to do any 3d modeling work for it. For all I care you only use the pickup body and frame and n/b the rest with no meshes... My jeep isn't a custom tubeframe crawler, it just works because it's built in a somewhat realistic way.

#9 Mythbuster, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  10. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I never said it was 100% realistic, of course it's not. It would be silly to assume that I think it is, It's a friggin' pickup truck man.

I bumped the traction up (not as much as you may think), and gave it low-end torque and gearing to match...that's pretty much it. You could get the same real world results with an old solid front axle toyota with locked gears, 35' BFG mud terrain 10PSI tires and under chassis armor. Contrary to what you might think, you don't need a feather light, lifted, crazy travel, tube-chassis backyard built crawler to crawl. I know this from personal experience.

Moonbuggy isn't available for download, so no it doesn't count. I said download, not released. I believe the thread title is "Cancelled" anyway. And why do you think I would say it's not a dedicated crawler? I feel like you enjoy putting words in other people mouths...he specifically made the moonbuggy to crawl, so yeah lol, I call it a crawler. But you can't go out and download it so...

I call mine the best because...well, at this current moment, unrealistic or not, there's not a single mod or vehicle that can match it's rock crawling ability. I made sure of that when I made it... Prove me wrong and I'll shut up, show me something you can currently download that can out-crawl my truck.

I don't like to be 'that guy', and I try even harder to not be narcissistic or ego-fueled, so I want to avoid coming off that way. It just bugs me when I see people complaining about no crawlers or using the vanilla D-series to off-road.

I made a pretty cool mod to the stock truck and no one seems to notice. It's not the silly 'top speed' crap that I get flamed for, it's just a simple off-roader. I want people to use it and enjoy it, go rock crawling in places on map they've never been before. It's just a rock crawling truck.

#10 SleepyPickup, Oct 17, 2013
  11. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

That's not big, its smaller than the offroad d-15.:p Here's mine, not your typical flex position, but I thought I'll show it any-who.:p

(imported from here)

12. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, that's why I haven't tried it. I don't want unrealistic, arcade vehicles in a physics sim. :\

#12 dkutch, Oct 17, 2013
  13. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Totally understand. No problem :p

If I had to defend it, I'd say it's not 'incredibly unrealistic'. Just an increase in the friction co-ef and more torque between 1-4k RPM to make up for not using the clutch in automatic mode. Besides that, it's all suspension tuning and trans/differential gearing. Like I said, it's not a silly 'top speed' mod, just a crawler. Same mods you would do to an old toyota.

With enough torque, traction, and of course locked diffs, you may be surprised what you can do in a truck. I mention that from experience, both as driver and passenger in purpose built 'mostly stock' crawlers.

14. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

This is what I would rather see for a D15 mod, rather than paint and number changes within the jbeams:

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00022.png
  15. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Nice mod! Did you do that?

16. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Well...yeah obviously. That's exactly why I stuck to texture and jbeam numbers, that vehicle right there doesn't exist in download form, and I'm not 3d savvy. My truck doesn't look like that, so people like you call it "unrealistic" because it's not tubed and doesn't 'look the part'

If I had the modeling ability, that's exactly what I would have done. Then I would have made paint and number changes.

I basically tuned it for the parts it doesn't have: larger, wider tires, longer front coil overs, multi-link rear suspension and under plating. If it had those things, it would be one of the top downloads. But it's just the stock truck edited to perform exactly like a custom modeled crawler.

So on the surface, it's easy to call unrealistic. Even though in real life, the same old truck with 4WD, locked diffs, no sways, and off-road tires would be very capable in the toughest of trails. Even with IFS.

17. Tglvg11

Tglvg11
    Expand Collapse

Woah guys, settle down. No need to get hyped up and rip on his mod. If you don't like it don't download it and don't make him feel bad. We all have to start somewhere when it comes to mods, so just relax and have fun! WWJD? ;)

18. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Nah, no worries. I'm not mad or insulted, I am mostly an adult :p

Just defending it a little bit.

19. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Sounds to me like you're insulted/mad? You sounded dumbfounded as to why your pickup isn't widely known as "best/only dedicated crawlers available for download", so I told you.

20. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm........mostly?? Then you must be only 17.............................no wait 16.......................nope maybe 15.:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice