Possible to have LUA load a texture on screen? Water drops idea.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Brother_Dave, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

In @jojos38 's thread i posted the idea to have LUA show a water drop image/texture on screen when driving through water, activated when BeamNG uses the water spray textures. Could have water drops 'hit' the screen and then fade the texture away or move/drain down out of screen (if using say 4 different images instead of one and have then move down in different order or speed could be a more natural effect of individual drops). Maybe use a timer or have it hit the screen with each spray texture, instead of a one-shot texture , so that it continues as long as your driving in water.

What do you all, or devs, think? Would this be possible?

2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Thanks @BombBoy4 :) Im lost at LUA but mentioned it in jojos38's thread so...

@jojos38 Do you think this is a way to do it?

4. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, i don't know how to show an image on the screen i can't tell you

5. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

It might be possible using the same system the glowmaps use but set the glow to 0, but I'm not 100% sure.

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't animated textures or even htmlTexture work for this? If you just have an animation of looping rain falling with the clearing timed to the speed and turning on of wipers it could look pretty convincing. You could also use LUA to add a toggle key that could play a separate animation for build up and slow down in the rain at the beginning and end to make it look more convincing.

How that would actually be done and mapped etc I'm not sure of.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Add a key and assign a function to this key is very easy in the game but the problem is how to add an image / video on the screen ? Like i said maybe edit the html

8. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I wish i could help but im simply bad at coding, or rather dont have time to understand it, although i would still like to see this. Drove along the riverside of Utah yesterday and just imagine how sweet it would be to have a good splash on the screen when you cross it <3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice