Possibility of Disabling Interiors of AI Vehicles?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Allots, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Allots

Allots
    Expand Collapse

Everyone knows of the struggles of lag when spawning lots of vehicles, especially for AI. A while ago, I was wondering if there could be a possible solution to the lag, by disabling the interior of other AI. I know that the exterior also plays a factor into performance and frames, however disabling the interior of AI vehicles could still give that possible boost of frames, without affecting the gameplay too much.

Can it work as a feature or a mod? I know that vehicles with windows/glass would show their shallow/hollow interior, however when I work with AI I barely bother to notice the interiors of other vehicles. Or could I just be missing something, because I'm not exactly sure about vehicles and performance or if the type of coding is even possible without messing up the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

hmm. It might be possible but it will probably take lots of coding and probably have to code new cars (meaning the cars might have to be coded as a separate body/vehicles. as interior/dash parts arent accessible from the parts menu) for it to work let alone work correctly.

3. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I dont think the game engine allows you to hide certain meshes. If it did then this would be easy.

4. Dayz Me Rollin'

Dayz Me Rollin'
    Expand Collapse

upload_2021-11-25_3-26-40.png
    upload_2021-11-25_3-26-55.png

still no point though, the interior meshes are so negligible to performance that the kind of garbage tier computer that would benefit significantly from it are already well below required minimum specs listed on the games steam page (anything that slow and old wouldn't even support direct x 11 lmao)

upload_2021-11-25_3-28-48.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

hmmm... intersting.

6. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

YHeah I'm stupid

7. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

You could switch to the spawned vehicles and remove the interior parts by yourself. I haven't tested it yet, but they should keep spawning without these parts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice