1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

[Poll] Steering lag and FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slammington, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I've brought up the steering lag before, however I haven't noticed until recently how the FFB is affected. Due to the delay in the game's detection of the steering, the FFB is also delayed, making it hard to drive. For example, when you turn into a corner, only about 200ms later does the FFB respond, so you are left with this very strange unnatural feeling, which impairs driving, as it's sort of like putting on beer goggles through a steering wheel.

If you have a FFB steering wheel, you can test this yourself. The best way to test this is to move the steering wheel to the right or left a litle bit (about an 8th of a turn) and let go. It will start moving from side to side, as the forces that would resist the turning are delayed, and by the time the game thinks the wheel is at the center, it's already turning to the opposite side, so the game corrects the FFB forces, and the cycle repeats. The movement resembles someone rocking the wheel to both sides repeatedly.
    Another way to test is to simply jerk the wheel to one side while driving, you'll notice the FFB responds with a delay.

Does anyone else with an FFB wheel experience this issue? Please vote here (http://www.strawpoll.me/10515738) or write a reply.

2. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

I thought it was only me... But I have the same symptoms. Not sure if it's because of my old wheel or the game and I don't have any other game to test it with. My wheel: Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback Wheel

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice