Pneumatic brakes for T-series and other heavy trucks.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Somoto the Wolf, Sep 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Somoto the Wolf

Somoto the Wolf
    Expand Collapse

I've seen a few posts regarding air brakes, but they were tied to the use of a wing to use air resistance to help slow the vehicle.

The type of air brakes that I would like to see in the sim, is pneumatic brakes. They are a core mechanic of Trucks and heavy vehicles.

I'd think that it'd add a new module for the sim that can change the dynamic of crashes, (ABS constantly pumping brakes = air pressure loss), It is an essential part of truck crashes because of the unique failsafe that causes the brakes to automatically lock up if they loose all air pressure or if the compressor can't keep up.

It would be a great start to adding brake fluid sims too. I can't even to begin to imagine what it could open up for the modding community!

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Probably not much, as I can imagine it being a huge pain in the ass to port for other cars & make it work

3. Somoto the Wolf

Somoto the Wolf
    Expand Collapse

I meant for innovative uses of the feature. I'm not a mod creator, so I wouldn't know how porting or anything works, I just see potential.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice