Pin an airbag q/a on the forums pinned messages

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SKB, Aug 11, 2021.

1. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Well, since we have seen quite a few 'airbag in beam wen?' 'airbag pls' etc threads being created, and even diamondback saying that they will not be implemented, quite a few newbies still ask for it. So imo it's better to probably just pin a comment of the relevant forum topics, mainly, land, ideas and suggestions, content creation and such.. I hope it would reduce the number of irrelevant posts.

Also, most of those airbag threads are literally
    'will beamng ever have airbags?'
    And begins a shitpost thread for everyone, with absolutely no point whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. TheCovetDude

TheCovetDude
    Expand Collapse

Airbag would problaby do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

welcome to modern beam forums

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

The forums would be much better if moderation just started deleting threads and posts that are stupid shitposting and stuff. Though that’s also very difficult to keep track of and a lot of work

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Kirby_49

Kirby_49
    Expand Collapse

mhm, too many places have a moderation that's too laid back. but i would say there's probably a close to equal amount of places that have an absolute tyranny of moderation

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

i wouldn't slag off the beamng moderation team too much because a) alot of the time stuff IS removed without people realising and b) you might be next.... :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Yeah probably half of us would be banned if the rules were better enforced lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Thing is, there has been people banned without people noticing lmao. It's just that nobody cares enough to remember anyone here so nobody notices when they're gone.

10. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Yes stuff is removed, it's not like they don't do anything I get that.
    But obviously, they don't do enough sorry to say and I think it is completely acceptable to address it.
    There's no respect when they create rules, which they don't enforce. I can link you 10-20-30 threads which break these forum specific rules, obviously they don't remove enough.

And yes, I will probably be next because they also restrict people from even talking loud about this. Smart move.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Refreshing to see a) someone well informed and b) a person who's been on the forums for ages. You're damn right, they do restrict people talking about it, it could just be sensitivity to criticism. You are a brave man haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Since the "Airbag" thread is gone, I'll post here:

Private meshslapper is a contributing factor to the toxicity of the forum, they:
    (how to become one of them)
    1. Make a 5-minute meshslap "mod"
    2. Post clickbait video on YouTube and fill the Community Screenshots - Each post an image of BeamNG.drive with their meshslaps, which causes toxicity.
    3. Wait for an unfortunate user to ask which the mod is and how to acquire it
    4. Say "iTS pRiVaTE yOU cAnT hAvE iT" and label that said user as "beggar" and blame all the toxicity to that user.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

THIS. Holy shit I have been waiting for someone else to agree with this. I absolutely despise private meshslaps. Bait people with a nice or uncommon car to set them up as a beggar. Another reason why I hate Discord servers for this community. Just full of toxicity and the worst moderation in the history of moderation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Aha, a good example is this https://www.beamng.com/threads/why-...-not-have-a-floor-shifter.81226/#post-1355612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice