WIP Beta released Pessima track car for simracers (Like for Jimmy 'the understeer')

Discussion in 'Configurations' started by fufsgfen, Jan 6, 2019.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Slightly provocative title.

Just simple config, without pics or bling, if you have no configs enabled, then you need to go to parts menu and load config.

This is made to go around corners, has around 300hp and RWD, think about late 80's race car, BTCC and such were fun to watch, cars moved around in small drift, there actually was lot of action and fights on track.

So setup is loose, neutral to mild oversteer, ONLY for wheel users, sure others can try, but no right to complain.

I kinda would like to bring wind down one more degree, but ran out of adjustment range, maybe I need to make front splitter for it or something as certain speedy turns it can get bit understeery if you don't shift weight.

Combine with my clutch settings here for more enjoyment:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/quest-for-more-realistic-clutch-a-tip-guide.60227/

I might make improvements if I find time for such, there is bit much other stuff that takes my time.

Oh yeah, no pics, no clicks, here is video though:

Attached Files:

#1 fufsgfen, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Finished PPIHC in your pessima in 11:37.484

BeamNGdrive-015027533-RELEASE-x642019_1_1117_27_32.png

Controller was a Frsky Taranis Plus(highly programmable but lack of FFB).
    Sometimes you can do a lift-off or inertia drift.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

This thing is extremely well-mannered for a RWD pessima. I didn't know that was possible. I was surprised out how fast I could take corners. Great work! Hopefully not even Jimmy can crash this

• Like Like x 1
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that when I have time, I will tune it bit more, but yeah, only issue with handling of cars is setup, imo. When setup is adjusted well, cars handle pretty nicely.

Quite many have bit too much power for the give tire width which makes them quite poor experience, some are tuned to understeer quite lot, perhaps because too much power for the given amount of rubber, so I did made balance with this to be bit better and little adjustment magic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice