Percentage of Damage App?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by davidinark, Aug 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

I've searched the forums and came up empty, so I figured I'd post. Why not, right?

Can someone make a "Percentage of Damage" app that would show just that - what percentage of the vehicle is damaged. I've seen several modded scenarios that offer the percentage, but nothing in free roam. Seeing the various damage models is nice and all, but I would love to see the percentage of damage as a little window.

If I knew anything about this stuff, I'm sure I could whip something up. Alas, I do not. Thus, I come to you, fellow BeamNGers. Thanks! --davidinark

2. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

You can use the node and beam info UI App, giving you % both of broken and deformed ones.

3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Depends on what you mean. You cant really get a % because its not like the car will be fine until it reaches 100% then it breaks down. The car will stop working if a single part stops working as it should.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

This will work for what I want to do! I guess my old eyes couldn't read the damage percentage info in the thumbnail - haha! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    --- Post updated ---
    I probably didn't explain it well, but in certain scenarios, if you damage your car a certain percentage, you fail. The percentage shows on the screen. I was looking for an app/mod that allows for that displayed percentage of damage in free roam. But, as mentioned in the reply above, the node/beam info will give me data to use for an upcoming video series. Close enough for government work, as they say. :) (Though, if someone can actually do a damage-type display, that would still be cool in my book)

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Not entirely sure, but making a percentage would be quite hard.
    Because the cars can be crushed without a precise limit.
    Dr. Death is correct.
    You cannot get a %, as cars can be deformed without a limit basically.
    In scenarios, we can set up a limit (that limit depends on the scenario then), but for 'free-roam' use, you can have different 'limits'.
    For some make your car a cube is the limit, for others disintegrating it completely it's the limit, and so on.

6. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

I probably didn't explain it well, but in certain scenarios, if you damage your car a certain percentage, you fail. The percentage shows on the screen. I was looking for an app/mod that allows for that displayed percentage of damage in free roam. But, as mentioned in the reply above, the node/beam info will give me data to use for an upcoming video series. Close enough for government, as they say. :) (Though, if someone can actually do a damage-type display, t
    No worries! I can use the Beam/Node info app to get close enough for what I am going to use it for. :) Thanks for the info/feedback!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice