1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

PDN exports my textures in an odd way...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Twitch Axis, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I've had this issue with Paint.net for a while and didn't realize what was actually happening until today.

When I export a texture in .dds format (any format actually) my texture becomes oddly pixelated and full of noise. This looks terrible in game. I will provide pictures below.

Here are the un-edited textures. (By the way I am trying to remove part of the texture to bring the stripes right up to the double solid line):
    Issue2.png
    Here are the textures after I edit them and save them as a .dds:
    Issue3.png
    And here are my save options:
    Issue.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated...and if your slow and didn't get my issue, I need that pixelated look in the second picture to go away when I export my edited texture. I want my textures to look like they did in the first picture.

2. BeamDrifter

BeamDrifter
    Expand Collapse

Check the generate mip maps option and then in BeamNG enable anisotropic filtering for your material if the texture is blurry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much, this resolved the issue. Can't believe I didn't figure this out sooner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice