1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

PC Build

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dumpling, Jul 26, 2021.

1. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

What is the best pc build for Beamng Drive under $2500? Is it possible to play 4K with many cars for traffic?

2. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

i recommend waiting like 1 month or so because scalpers

3. DarudeoSandstorm

DarudeoSandstorm
    Expand Collapse

Wait for the gpu prices to calm down, it would be waste of your money if you buy a pc atm

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

How is a pre-build pc, is that a bad deal?

5. s2k2009

s2k2009
    Expand Collapse

Read some reviews and research prebuilts before you buy. There's several bad ones on the market (alienware..)

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Alienware isn't strictly bad as they put together some good devices, they just charge a lot for their branding

7. alexelcaza

alexelcaza
    Expand Collapse

8. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

Thanks everyone, I found some reasonable PC on the market. Is RTX 3070 with 16gb ram enough?

9. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

absolutely, what CPU?

10. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

Ryzen 7 3700x:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

adn how much does it cost?

12. BeamETKDriver

BeamETKDriver
    Expand Collapse

Okay I got a rtx 2070 gaming PC from walmart and it works great for beamng on average i get 60 FPS with 10 cars spawned in.

13. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

I don't really care about the cost right now, I can wait for a couple of months, or a year. I just wanted know if it is capable of playing this game in 4k with a lot of traffic spawned in.

14. roland91

roland91
    Expand Collapse

So, I have been thinking about getting into the desktop PC world aswell, for around 1500 Euros.

So far I have come up with an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU coupled to an NVIDIA GeForce 1650 4GB, with 16 GB worth of random DDR4 RAM.
    (The Ryzen 9 5900X is on sale local to me right now, maybe have to get the Ryzen 9 3900X instead if the sale ends too soon)

Should be just under 1500 euros brand new with all other components being basically as cheap as can be(I have never had a desktop, so can't use any previos PC parts...) without peripherals.

What I would love to know is: what should I look for in a motherboard, PSU, RAM or any other thing, since the CPU-GPU combo is probably the best I could possibly get? I really dont know much about computers anymore, used to build desktops for my family from junk about 15 years ago and later only used laptops...

15. veljko

veljko
    Expand Collapse

Buy that pc, sell gpu and ram, and wait like 1 month or so, first of all, insane bootleneck by gpu, second its better to have some branded 32 gb ram, not some shit

16. roland91

roland91
    Expand Collapse

Well, it is not a prebuilt pc, I would get them to put it together but I would be picking the parts.

So, for RAM I should maybe get 32GB of some known brand at least, but the GPU is meant to be somewhat temporary, just to have something in there that is usable right away. The 1650 GPU would need to suffice for at least two years before I could hopefully get something a bit more expensive(The nvidia 1650 was 270 euros brand new right now, 10 series seems to basically not exist and 20 series start at 500 euros and 30 series start at 670 euros at the moment where I live.

I do want to get a motherboard and CPU that will be my main rig for the next 6-10 years... Other components are more easily replaceable.

Right now I am on a laptop (MSi GP62MVR 7RF Leopard Pro; Intel core i7 7700HQ 2.8Ghz; nVidia GTX 1060 3Gb; 8 Gb DDR4 Ram; Win 10 x64) that has been my only computer for over 5 years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice