Parts Falling Off

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CarBro74, Aug 21, 2016.

1. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

A mechanic that BeamNG kinda has is overtime, parts falling off. I know that there is a there is an app that can break pieces off of the car but how about overtime like in the scenario? You know, if a door's hinge is weak on a car that the door eventually falls off. This would work well with the Beater Covet. I thought it would be a nice feature for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

There is a scenario that already does this and might be worth checking out. It includes a the T-Series cement truck variant on East Coast USA. Its a stock scenario that comes with the game and uses this mechanic

• Like Like x 1
  3. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

I already mentioned it.

4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Its not so easy IRL. Parts dont just break because they are not perfectly undamaged. A hinge should try to keep the door upright as much as possible, it wouldn't make sense that just because its slightly bent it should drop the door.

5. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

But if the car that said in the vehicle selector that it was not well maintained, then parts could fall off. Also if the hinge was broken that could increase the risk of the door falling off.

6. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but its not like it would fall off just during normal driving. Hell, IRL too, ive seen few to nearly nonexistant cases of cars that got parts falling off in the middle of driving.

7. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

@CarBro74 Can you give us an honest answer as to how old you becuase honestly the ideas and opinions you come up with seem very unrealistic and a tad childish. Realistically cars do not drop parts when they feel like it as this is not what they are designed to do. this also does not seem like a feature that would make the game more realistic or add to the game as a simulation

8. geronimo9

geronimo9
    Expand Collapse

NO.1 He shouldn't give away personal details.
    NO.2 That would be unrealistic, as lot of people have said.

9. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Its okay to ask for their age not but their date of birth. what can i do with the number 14

10. geronimo9

geronimo9
    Expand Collapse

Okay then.

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Hinges in a car tend to be designed so when they do break, they don't fall outwards but inwards, combined with door latches being designed to default fail into being unable to open, the broken door should it somehow break while driving would stay where it was

12. bowdlerize

bowdlerize
    Expand Collapse

I'll contribute as I actually have experience with parts falling off and have beaten many cars to death.

Common items to drop off are rear view mirrors, side mirror glass, and strips stuck to panels.
    Less common are tail lights coming loose, pulling the tire from the rim, weaker bodywork (eg, front spoilers), losing wheels by stripping wheel nuts (this takes effort) and losing brake drums (when the wheel is no longer there to hold it on).

Most of this happened in various paddock bombs after extremely rough treatment but not as bad is I treat cars in Beam.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

I've seen a car on a freeway where the engine literally fell out of the bottom and the front axel broke.

14. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Had my Power Steering fall off at a stop light on my old Ford Ranger, also sees the whole trunk fall off a crown Vic driving down the freeway, and, finally, the trim on my dads old Volvo 244 falls off daily.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice