Parts Appear Darker Than They Should

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by JustSomeArabGuy, Nov 23, 2022.

1. JustSomeArabGuy

JustSomeArabGuy
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone, I have a couple mods downloaded, but I am seeing something weird. Some parts appear darker than they should. Pictures down below. One of them is the normal Covet rear fascia. The other one is a modded one. Notice how the BeamNG fascia has a smooth, solid white color all around? The modded one appears slightly darker than the rest of the car. Anyone know why and/or how to fix it? Thank you.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2022-11-22_23-03-58.png
    • screenshot_2022-11-22_23-04-21.png
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Badly made mod, can't fix it

3. JustSomeArabGuy

JustSomeArabGuy
    Expand Collapse

Not even UV editing? Or modeling? There has to be some sort of reason. Thank you for your answer though Agent_Y, any other ideas?

4. BlueLife

BlueLife
    Expand Collapse

ngl agent_y's message has a high chance to be true, maybe the textures are slightly miscolored or its the mod was made before the version your playing it on. i have no idea im not a beamng technician

5. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

Either broken smoothing (merged corner edges) or incorrect mapping. I'm rooting towards the former, given how the vanilla model has almost completely sharp edges there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Yeah seems like they reversed edgesplit for some reason so you would have to redo it

7. JustSomeArabGuy

JustSomeArabGuy
    Expand Collapse

So you guys are saying he probably reversed edge split, so if I'm not wrong, applying edge split should solve the problem?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice