optional person-mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ghost187, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

some of you may know this from RoR

when you start a map youll spawn as a camera somewhere near the car bound to a person eye height from the terrain and only moveable in horizontal directions (to simulate a person walking)
    and have to press a key in a short radius around the car to "get in"
    you could drive to other spawned vehicles, "get out" by pressing a key, "walk" to the other car and "get in" by pressing a key. (i guess you get the concept)
    i imagine it quite cool to being able to get out of a vehicle after a fatal crash to search for a new one (in later development of course)

what do you think?

ps: omg, how hillarious would it be, to enter the passenger seat of a friend in a multiplayer session xD nm just dreamin

2. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree that this should be a thing, but I'm pretty sure this isn't quite what the devs are aiming for;)

3. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to see this too. It would be more immersive to walk around to scout an offroad trail instead of floating with the free camera, or get a new car from a garage instead of spawning it from a menu and teleporting between vehicles. RoR also had the "passenger seat" feature in multiplayer, sort of.

Since the Torque standalone editor comes with a walking player and is basically a shooter, the devs wouldn't have to make the feature from scratch. Of course there are lots of more important features before this, but it would be good eventually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice