1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. rednecklawrence

rednecklawrence
    Expand Collapse

Hello All!

Ive had this game for a while now, and have an alienware 17, i7 quadcore processor, 16Gb ram, NVidia 765m w/2Gb video ram, and a solid state hard drive, and the game lags quite a bit when there is only 2 Gavril T-75's (15-20 fps) in the map, or if its a large map (Alaskan paradise), etc. I have all settings at high (Which should be okay, right?) and am wondering why it performs this way. any suggestions? and no, its not throttling.

Thanks!

2. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

"Only" two T-75s? The T-75 is the most resource-intensive vehicle in the game, so lag is to be expected.

3. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Turn down your graphics settings. A 765m certainly cannot handle max.

4. rednecklawrence

rednecklawrence
    Expand Collapse

I only paid $2100 for this damn laptop. oh well. too bad I didn't get an option for a better graphics card. would've got it

- - - Updated - - -

could I allocate more memory to drive? would that help?

5. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

That would do 100% of nothing.

6. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

If he specifically cites the T75 as being noticeably more laggy, he's CPU bound. Basic deductions, man. The 765m should do reasonably well considering my old GTX 260 maintained High/30FPS/1680x1050. The T75 likely lags because the i7 can't keep up, assuming it's clocks are around or under 3GHz. Many users have had to take their desktop i7s up to 4GHz to run the T75 without bottlenecking issues. It's just a very intensive vehicle to simulate.

OP: There's nothing you can do to fix this aside from overclocking your CPU. Which with a laptop is so suicidal most manufacturers don't even give you the option. Unless you really needed the horsepower on the move (I don't know what you do IRL) a $1500 gaming tower and a $600 take-and-go would've been better. It's not like you're gaming very long on battery, anyway.

7. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

He specifically states multiple situations which could easily be explained by graphics he can't handle. It takes extra GPU power to render multiple vehicles as well as CPU power.

8. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Just did a little experiment:

2 D15 on ECUSA, 32FPS physics paused, 32FPS physics unpaused. 1440P, full ultra settings.
    2 T75 on ECUSA, 32FPS physics paused, 22FPS phyiscs unpaused. 1440p, full ultra settings.

Seeing as I'm pushing my 760 at its absolute upper limit, if your logic was correct I should've noticed a sizeable difference in FPS from the D15s to the T75s with physics paused. This is a CPU issue, no questions asked. Especially since OP is complaining about the T75, the most CPU-dependent vehicle in the game. Hell, I become CPU limited with my 2600k at stock 3.4GHz, I can't imagine a laptop i7 with a <3GHz clock is fairing better when single-threaded brute strength is the be-all-end-all for the T75.

9. rednecklawrence

rednecklawrence
    Expand Collapse

funny you should say that. its an intel i7-4700MQ @ 2.4 GHz. googled it and it said that w/ turbo boost it can reach 3.4 GHz maximum. now how do I enable that?

10. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

It is enabled. This should explain it fairly decently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ryOzIZvpQ

With that said it can only maintain the boosted frequency so long before it will hit limits and have to downclock again, unless your Alienware has godly cooling.

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It's alienware. Notorious for terrible build quality and non existent cooling. Chances are his is already thermally throttling running the game before overclocks and turbo boost.

#11 SixSixSevenSeven, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  12. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

My desktop i7 2600K at stock speeds struggles with the T75. Bumped up to 4.4 from 3.4GHz immensely improves my frame rate.

13. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Lower graphics settings. Plus the T75 is really CPU intensive

#13 Dummiesman, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice