1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

old versions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toxichero, Mar 18, 2017.

1. toxichero

toxichero
    Expand Collapse

i had a question for the devs. for archiving sake i have kept around a very working version of the pre race update. and i was wondering if we are aloud to do anything other then just hold onto them now since there so out of date or are we aloud to pass them around the community? i have alot of mods that cant be gotten anymore in this copy aswell

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Technically if you send it to someone who have bought the game it's not a problem.

I still have the installer of the very first version of the game, but old keys don't work anymore.

3. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Ooh! Can you send me a copy? The earliest version I have is 0.4 :/
    Yes, I do have the game.

4. toxichero

toxichero
    Expand Collapse

ill happily send out copys to those who want it i just want to make sure its alright with the devs. i saved this version becuse this was the last version some of my favorite cars worked properly on

5. FORDBEAMER

FORDBEAMER
    Expand Collapse

GIMMME GIMMME GIMME I OWN THE GAME I WANT PRE RACE DAYS BACK

6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

So does this mean that you have the older version of the Derby Arena? You know, the one that looked something like this.

This older version of the Derby Arena is the only thing I've been seeking from earlier versions of BeamNG. I loved the environment it had.

7. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

a bit off topic, but i agree. it was so gloomy and dark, it really got me in the mood to destroy some cars :p

8. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

IMO, if you sat it to night, the environment looked a lot like Slender. I once played the map with music from Slender, they went hand in hand pretty nicely. I really liked that. I'd love to be able to take some creepy screenshots with the older version.

9. FORDBEAMER

FORDBEAMER
    Expand Collapse

10. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Uhhh...you just made me realize that I still have a fully working copy of 0.3 from sometime in 2013. I can play it now if I want to :)
    It also has a bunch of shady mods installed including some that were banned or outright removed from existence.

11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We would prefer is there is no sharing of any versions between users. Get the game only via official channels. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Quick question: What does this mean for their content? Like how I've said that I miss the old version of the Derby Arenas, and it being the only thing I seek from earlier versions? Does this violate what you've stated?

13. toxichero

toxichero
    Expand Collapse

thanks so much for the responce. i wanted to make sure before i took any actions

14. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

That derby arena is cool...maybe we can have it as a mod?

15. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I know it used to look like that, but one of the updates changed it. But now, judging by what Nadeox1 said, now I'm starting to fear that the map will be unobtainable from someone that still has it. That old dark appearance for the map is the only thing I miss about earlier versions of BeamNG. I like the newer version of the map, but I think it would be nice to be able to go back to the gloomy earlier version.

I also would want to study it for an idea of a future map I may attempt to create one day, that I think would benefit from a gloomy and dark environment like that. Don't ask me what the map idea is though, I don't want to spoil it. :p Besides, it most likely won't happen until I get a better computer that runs BeamNG better than the one I'm using now.

16. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

It is the map author's mod, they can choose what they wish it to be. Also, you can just change the time of day to dusk or night if you want it to be gloomy.

17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

It used to be really gloomy, like all the time. Here's a video that shows what I'm talking about.

Even some pictures of Russian mods on World of Mods had been taken at the old version of the map.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice