Old Rockstar Racing Games...

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Evie Is Scared, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Evie Is Scared

Evie Is Scared
    Expand Collapse

The Midnight Club games, Smugglers Run 2... anyone remember these?

P.S. Rockstar... after RDR2 plz... pay attention to your PS2 heritage

• Like Like x 1
  2. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I played Midnight Club 2 and 3 on the PS2, and also had the original Smugglers Run. They were great, and making cars look
    amazing in MC3 was always fun.

Also, P.P.S. (Or is it P.S.S?), as much as we all want R* to make games like these, there's not as much market in them anymore. And that's all they, or their parent company seems to care about.
    --- Post updated ---
    Edit: Also, I tried to do a thing, where I crossed out terrible and put amazing. What I actually did, was show that I need some practice with this...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

that's why bugbear split from empire bc empire thought smash em' ups were dead

• Like Like x 1
  4. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Midnight Club 3 Remix was amazing on the PS2 and PSP... I was so happy I can (kind of) play it via emulator. LA Remix on the PSP was basically the PS2 version of MC3 but still enjoyable. I wish LA on the xbox 360/ PS3 was able to be emulated on the PC...

5. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

A PS3 emulator is in development, and is getting developed pretty quickly. While you currently need a top tier PC for it, you can play Persona 5 (for example) 100% of the way through, with minimal problems. That game is like, barely a year old! It'll probably be able to play more games at some point. And it might even end up running better than the PS2 emulator

6. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

I won't hold my breath... But a 6gb 1060 and a i5-7500 should be fast enough once its closer to being "finished"

7. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

i still have MCLA

8. Evie Is Scared

Evie Is Scared
    Expand Collapse

I did too... until my xbox got stolen ;-; (along with my PS2 and 250$ worth of games)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

:( Sad reacts only

I got it on PS3, complete with just plain unstability and lack of an online mode, which I hear is still working for the Xbox version

10. Evie Is Scared

Evie Is Scared
    Expand Collapse

I remember that game was my first real online experience with games! I miss it so much ;-;

Also... if Rockstar cares enough to keep the servers running...maybe we have another one planned?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

If we're really lucky. If they do ever make another, I hope they release it on PC. Mainly so I get a chance to play it, but also so even if the servers do go down, some people might try and make some 3rd party server. Like I hear they're doing with that NFS World thing.

12. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

MC3? That's my fav game on PS2!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice