Old Mods

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Darth_Plasma, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Darth_Plasma

Darth_Plasma
    Expand Collapse

I really enjoy AR162B’s mods. And the profile has been inactive for quite a long time now. I really like the Gavril D-Series 15, 25, 35 mod. But it’s outdated. Is it possible to update the code? (Not nessecarily to re-upload it and take as my own credit, just for my own enjoyment). I don’t want to violate any copyright rules or publisher rules. I’ve been researching how to create my own mods such as a gavril d series station wagon or a crew cab dually long pickup inspired by AR162B’s mod pack. Could I maybe get some help for it or update the old code in the pack for it? Again, I’m asking so I don’t violate any copyright or user credit issues/rules. I just really want to enjoy that mod again somehow, even by learning to make it on it my own. I’m somewhat experienced in coding/programming. I definitely know the basics of coding. Just asking for some help. Thanks!

2. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No one is going to stop you from modifying it for your personal use.The only issue would be if you wanted to release your modified version of the mod. You could probably put it on the discussion page for the original mod if you want to share it, otherwise you'll want to try and contact AR162B for permission to upload your version.

A warning though, due to the old age of the mods, getting them to work properly with the latest game version is going to take a lot of work. There have been a lot of changes to the D-Series since AR162B last updated his mod, if you want the parts to work as add-ons to the D-Series, you're going to have to fix all the inconsistencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Someone updated it. Not released though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice