1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Old Computer and Direct X Problems?... What Now?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by BigSpence, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BigSpence

BigSpence
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so I have an Asus G50VT with the intel centrino 2 package, a core 2 duo and the nvidia geforce 9800m gs graphics card. I don't think I have enough power to play the game because it always says that I don't have directx11. I am currently running windows 10 which should come with dx12. Also when I do the win+r button thing, then type in dxdiag.exe then it says I have dx12. (See attatched for specs as well) So... is there like a dx9 version or something so I can still play this game?

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
    #1 BigSpence, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the dx9 version of 0.4 is available as a steam beta

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Your GPU is probably not DX11 compliant hardware, maybe?

In Steam beta box there should be also DX10 version of the game in addition to earliest dx9 version mentioned in another reply, it does not contain Italy map though and does not have all the optimizations that current game version has.

Your hardware might handle one vehicle at gridmap with lowest graphics settings, graphics memory comes issue alone as I doubt that GPU has 2GB of dedicated vram, which is probably needed for most maps even with lowest graphics settings.

Playing in small windowed mode or small resolution might help though.

4. BigSpence

BigSpence
    Expand Collapse

Ok cool. Thanks. So how do that. Idk what steam beta box is. Do you maybe have a link?
    --- Post updated ---
    So I’ve been looking for that version but I can’t find it so I thought it didn’t exist. Do you know where to get it?
    --- Post updated ---

So I’ve been looking for that version but I can’t find it so I thought it

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Right click game name in Steam game library listing and select properties, then there should be betas on one of the tabs.

6. BigSpence

BigSpence
    Expand Collapse

So I’ve been looking for that version but I can’t find it so I thought it
    ok. Cool. I’ll try it later and let you know. Thanks.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This is how you can correctly check what DX version your hardware actually support:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Incompatible_DirectX

The one you checked refers to Windows itself, which does not mean much as you are bound to what the hardware you have is actuall compatible with :)

#7 Nadeox1, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BigSpence

BigSpence
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox1 Oh Ok. Thank you! And I noticed it says staff member. Can you confirm the dx9 beta as well? Because I see a few people talk about it but never really saw any actual staff confirmation.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-12-4_18-48-35.png
    When you click that None - opt out of all beta programs, you can see list of other versions, oldest one would be probably DX9, not sure if it was labeled such, but I think DX10 version was labeled DX10.

However oldest one available is very very old and does not have even proper sounds or anything, just placeholder sounds.

10. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

the oldest version on steam is really old and it is badly optimized, it's even worse than the dx10 build so i would suggest using the later build. also why do you have windows 10 pro in a core 2 duo laptop?

11. BigSpence

BigSpence
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys I'll try it right now.

I have windows 10 on it because... well... Its a long story. So a friend of ours sold us a really nice PC. It has windows 10 on it and it runs smoothly. I have to share that PC with my siblings so I don't get much play time. My uncle sent me a few gaming computers (only one of which works) to mess with because I wanted to build one. I was going to use them for parts but then I wanted to see if they worked. I bought a charger for the G50V and surprisingly it turned on. I cleaned everything off and it had windows vista on it, so it was kind of slow and no games could run on it. I only knew how to make a windows 10 bootable USB so I did. It was stupid I think. I should have waited because I could sell this laptop to buy a better one. After, I thought of upgrading it, but it cant hold much for upgrades, so... I'm just making the best of it. I have more computers but this is the best one. My other one is an optiplex 990sff and I know people turn those into gaming PCs but I don't know a lot about it. I don't know how good they are and PCPartPicker doesn't help me with that one. Otherwise I only have Chromebooks which aren't that good to me.

edit: so I just tried it and I get like 1 frame per 5 secs. how do I fix that. Im not familiar with the dx9 version of BeamNG. Or is the computer just way too slow?

#11 BigSpence, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  12. BigSpence

BigSpence
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah. One more question that's kind of off topic but I'm here so... Is there a way to play multiplayer that isn't multi-seat layout? like is there a split-screen setting somehow or an online multiplay setting?

13. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

Sadly not yet.

14. BigSpence

BigSpence
    Expand Collapse

OK. Thanks. That'll be cool. Do you know when It will come out or if it will?

15. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

Most likely it will never officially come out, although if my memory is correct there were a few forum members working on a multiplayer system

16. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

optiplexes are incredible machines, at school with a friend i got saints row the third running on one of those: it ran as well as it could on a 2006 optplex 360 but it was incredible that it ran it. also old intel i7s (3000 and 4000 series) rock on beamng.

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We have made the last known versions known to run fine on DirectX9 and DirectX10 available through the Steam beta branches.
    So in case your hardware does not support DirectX11, you can play on those.
    You can find all information here: https://wiki.beamng.com/Incompatible_DirectX

Because they are old versions, they will not have the newest features and content of course.

18. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

the core 2 duo is 64-bit
    the core duo is 32-bit
    so it is plausible from a hardware stand point that it can run windows 10 64-bit without a hiccup.

20. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

i know its possible, but why?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice