1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Odd RAM usage problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Prizedcoffeecup, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

Hear me out on this...yes, I have Windows 10 installed, but this game is the only thing recreating the low memory issues I was previously having. (I apologize for a lengthy explanation ahead of time) I can play GTA V fine, Unturned, even Garry's Mod will work after some messing with things. It doesn't seem to properly unload everything like it should, and I've even done a full blown reinstallation of the game.

I currently have a single 8GB DDR3 1600mhz stick of RAM, and when I first load up a map (in my testing, East Coast USA) the RAM usage is fine. I started around 40 percent RAM usage, which I expected...then I went to load up an alternate scenario that I just got. The RAM usage settled a little bit higher, around 50 percent, which I thought was fine too. However, reloading into East Coast USA, the RAM usage then went to 57 percent average, which made me scratch my head...I switched back into that scenario and got 70 percent, and thought maybe the scenario was badly programmed, so I restarted the game and went to switch between East Coast USA and Grid Map instead. Same thing was occuring, except in 5 to 7 percent increments consistently now.

Would anyone be able to help me solve this issue? I've done all of this work to see if my other games do it, and none of them do...the RAM usage increases a little as normal with the first one or two times it has to load a large amount of assets such as a level or map, but always settles for sure at a certain point, whereas BeamNG refuses to stop using more and more.

2. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Did u restart ur computer? I had this problem before with win 10 and now its fine.

3. Prizedcoffeecup

Prizedcoffeecup
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for not replying for forever...my computer has seen MANY restarts and still has many scenarios where this occurs regardless. This is the only game that does it on my computer, making me think this is it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice