1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Object Editor Not Working Right

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by minecraftman1025, Jan 7, 2017.

1. minecraftman1025

minecraftman1025
    Expand Collapse

I am starting to create a map mod for BeamNG. I made the blank map, but there is a problem with the object editor. Whenever I try to move an object in any direction, instead of moving the object with the mouse, the object only moves to a certain distance away. (example: If I move the mouse slightly while dragging one of the move object arrows, It doesn't move, unless I move the mouse "20 grid squares - (not exact distance)" then it snaps to that position that distance away, but it cannot move to any position I want it to, only "20 grid squares" at a time.)
    So this means that I can't make my map mod because objects can't be moved into the exact places that they need to be at.

Also, I already re-installed BeamNG.drive 2 times, ran it in safe mode, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

If its what i think it is, its a snapping thing. there should be a magnet somewhere in the tab which makes the objects snap in places.
    Not 100% sure tho as i dont use the editor that much, but i do remember that this was a thing.

3. minecraftman1025

minecraftman1025
    Expand Collapse

I looked through all the options for a move distance or snap option, and couldnt find one :confused:

4. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

I think I know what you are talking about. I had the same trouble figuring out the map editor when I started.
    What you'll want to do, is change your camera mode pressing "Shift+C" to get the free floating camera, and not one that is locked to your object. Otherwise, it creates the nasty effect of moving object and view-camera at the same time.

5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

In object mode, there are snapping options.
    Screenshot557.png
    Look in those.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. minecraftman1025

minecraftman1025
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that worked!
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, It takes over 10 minutes to load the world editor or any folder in the scene tree, and the game says Not Responding during that loading time, although I have a powerful computer that I built with an SSD, and this problem was also there through both re-installs

7. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i actually noticed that too when opening the editor yesterday. its really weird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice