Not so important (but good for the future)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by gearsecond, Aug 6, 2012.

1. gearsecond

gearsecond
    Expand Collapse

Ok here we post ideas with low priority for now , that could be good to implement in future :) I start :

1. Make that the cars have some interaction with bullets (not the simple marc of the shot) something like holes , scratches ...

2. Try to make interaction with thin things like ropes and chains !

3. In other post some of you , said that you can cut the car in half ... i wanna see it , can you show it in your next video ?

4. With Cryengine i think , you can make the game directly for the ps3 or xbox ... if you connect the console to the pc (i don't know how ;)) You can see the effects in consoles , it can be very good to see how it works with ps3 or xbox 360 !

5. Make different types of barriers (glass , wood , steel , iron , stone etc...) and crash into it to see the power of the BeamNG :)

6. Interaction with the ground (tire marks )

All this ideas have a low priority but , can change the game into better :)

2. juju

juju
    Expand Collapse

Ye good ideas :D

My idea : Be able to change camera positions instead of the car view for making movies etc... can be cool.

EDIT : Oh wait... it's done Already :F

#2 juju, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  3. Creeper

Creeper
    Expand Collapse

1. Make that the cars have some interaction with bullets (not the simple marc of the shot) something like holes , scratches ... : I doubt this will be a war game.

2. Try to make interaction with thin things like ropes and chains !: Doaable and no doubt will be implemented

3. In other post some of you , said that you can cut the car in half ... i wanna see it , can you show it in your next video ? can't answer that i am not a dev :p

4. With Cryengine i think , you can make the game directly for the ps3 or xbox ... if you connect the console to the pc (i don't know how ) You can see the effects in consoles , it can be very good to see how it works with ps3 or xbox 360 ! Not doable at all. These consoles are 5~6 years old?

5. Make different types of barriers (glass , wood , steel , iron , stone etc...) and crash into it to see the power of the BeamNG Doable and likely will be implemented

6. Interaction with the ground (tire marks ) Doable and likely will be implemented.
    Just my opinion.

Back on topic,
    But my idea is that when the beams that the nodes that support the flares break the flares break.

4. gearsecond

gearsecond
    Expand Collapse

All the questions i've posted are possible to do ... also i know that is not will be a war game ... but can be interesting to shot a car XD hhaha . The consoles have 5 years or 6 years ok ... Ps3 haven't got physics ? , ok ... but they can try it :)

5. dewasha

dewasha
    Expand Collapse

good ideas

6. Alastair

Alastair
    Expand Collapse

Fourth one seems a waste of time and resources, just no point. First one is crazy, this is a driving game not a war game. Rest are possible and likely.

7. dewasha

dewasha
    Expand Collapse

and simulate what happens if you shoot is not part of a simulator?? the damage is much of the simulation ... whether of an accident involving a hit or a weapon damage remain

8. Alastair

Alastair
    Expand Collapse

As far as I'm aware, this is a vehicle simulator. So why should they be required to simulate bullet holes?

9. bman777

bman777
    Expand Collapse

Getting guns out and shooting cars doesn't sound fun?

10. gearsecond

gearsecond
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmm , let me think..... cause it's interesting XD ? I don't know

In real life, there are traffic accidents caused by gunfire ...

One could simulate, police chases etc

11. Alastair

Alastair
    Expand Collapse

Of course it sounds fun to me. Thats why I play GTA all the time. GTA does it fine, beamng is a vehicle simulator, not GTA. However much people want it to be.

12. donoteat

donoteat
    Expand Collapse

The way the material system works in CryEngine, it would be somewhat difficult not to simulate bullet holes. It's literally just one extra line in the material file.

Now, forces exerted by the bullet may be a different matter entirely.

13. dewasha

dewasha
    Expand Collapse

I at least do not pretend to be GTA so I hope to come out the GTA 5 but also it is true that many more things simulate simulate better, do not say that as donoteat said simulate the forces exerted by the bullet but at least better than bullets and explosions can not rest, but of course I recognize that is secondary and is not a priority for now, as the title of the post says is a post with ideas for the future and ideas to implement now. ..

14. spartan239

spartan239
    Expand Collapse

Is this game going to run the same way that ROR did with Pricord saying that (not exact words) "no military advancements should be made"?

But on topic, it would be very cool to have all of those things. For a chain moving however, you have to remember that this game is made of beams. Each link would be a beam and then a chain mesh would have to be placed on each link. Now, you are not going to just have one strand, so you would really have maybe a curtain of chain. FPS would drop reasonably quickly; and that is not taking into thought the intertia and wight of the chain being an issue. (Again, really only a problem in ROR, but the low values of weight could transfer onto this game.)

15. Zack240

Zack240
    Expand Collapse

Oh no... Please no more role play please its killing me.

16. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Bullets? That kinda makes the game sound more like a sandbox game. That would be fun though, being able to play through missions and explore a vast environment with softbody physics. Unfortunately, I doubt they'll add bullet damage. Bullet damage means guns or weapons, and I doubt a game like this will feature any weapons. Who knows though? These guys can do ANYTHING!

17. WhiteDeath

WhiteDeath
    Expand Collapse

1.Already possible since Cryengine 1,but there won't be shooting in BeamNG,it's a physics system,not a game.

2.Already possible since Cryengine 1.

3.Probably will be in next demo.

4.BeamNG will probably support consoles, but optimizing the physics will be tough.

5.Possible, it was already made in RoR.

6.Already possible in Cryengine.

18. gearsecond

gearsecond
    Expand Collapse

Show me it ... :cool:

19. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Look at vehicles deformation? We just say the barrier is a vehicle as an example. Similar to RoR, where you make it the same way. Plus you can make it break by cracking, shattering (if you feel like melting your PC) and just simply breaking in half. If you want an example, look at some of Gabe's maps for RoR. They have deformable barriers that are basically a few nodes with submesh.

20. gearsecond

gearsecond
    Expand Collapse

You don't understand me :) Thanks for the comment but i say that to WhiteDeath , cause in crysis or crysis 2 (it's impossible) I really apreciate your comment but i know this :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice