1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

NOS don't auto arm with CVT transmission

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ELBruno, Jun 5, 2022.

1. ELBruno

ELBruno
    Expand Collapse

I created a car in Automation and modified it jbeam codes, changing it to have a CVT transmission and nitrous oxide to emulate a hybrid system that provides some more power to the car (since I don't know another way to do this and I wanted a “Corolla hybrid” style car). The problem is, the NOS doesn't activate like in every other car that I ever created, activating by itself when I’m in full throttle. When I started to think about what could cause this problem, one of the first things that I started to test was the interaction between the CVT and the NOS, because the NOS needs a minimum gear to arm, but even putting in the lowest gear possible doesn't work. I tried to change the code to allow a 0 gear and even to not require a gear, but even then the NOS doesn't work properly. The last test was with the Sunburst, I chose the 1.8 CVT, put NOS on them and it didn't work again (I made a video to demonstrate that: ).

As I don’t know much about the code language of jbeams and how NOS work I decided to do the easy solution that is activate the NOS by myself and to facilitate that I tried to use the accelerator button to it and it too didn't work, so what I was left with is pressing a different button to activate the NOS, but I wasn’t happy with this result.

So my question is: is there a solution to the NOS code so it can work as intended? Or at least can I do something to activate NOS with the accelerator button? The car is available to download so you guys can change, test and see the code.

Attached Files:

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Thank you for the report, I'll take a look. :)

3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Fixed for the next update. :)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice