WIP Beta released NodeShift, forest/node shifting tool

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by fufsgfen, Oct 17, 2021.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

upload_2021-10-17_9-33-27.png
    Instructions on screen, no installing, just put it someplace convenient, you need .net 3.5 though.

Idea is, that if your forest items end up to be wrong height etc. you can shift them up/down etc. with few clicks, or shift nodes of vehicle, but don't put whole files in there, it might work, but will shift all nodes in whole file, so put nodes you need to shift.

I had to shift 6500 forest items and it did work just fine.

So if you have rear axle 0.2 meters too far back, you shift nodes by -0.2 and have it at correct place, or if you have bushes ending up at bottom of the ocean instead of at groundlevel, you work out how much you need to rise them and shift with few clicks to where they need to be.

Trick with nodes is that you copy paste nodes you need to tool and then copy them back where you need them, so you might need to temporarily copy paste to notepad, but still lot faster than doing it all by hand.

Might have bugs, no complains about looks, I hate modern, prefer old school, you don't need to.

If it does not work for you, then post which data you did try it with.

New Update: NodeShift_01a fixes some bugs and should work regardless of what you set decimal separator to, highly recommended to download if you downloaded software earlier as earlier versions could potentially shift wrong amount in certain situations.

ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS! No guarantees, but If something is broken, I try to find ways to fix.

Attached Files:

#1 fufsgfen, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice