nodeoffset problems

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by AR162B, Feb 10, 2016.

1. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys,

I'm having some troubles with this nodeoffset function. I've tried lots of things but I can't get it to work.

It can be basically be categorized in four issues:

1) selecting a part which has a nodeoffset slot moves the n/b of the car
    screenshot_00011_1920.jpg screenshot_00010_1920.jpg
    2) having a nodeoffset slot enabled even moves parts around. The taillights in this case are a simple near empty jbeam, only containing spotlight functions and meshes. No nodes or beams. The rear end of this limousine is identical (but moved) compared to the sedan, so using the rear parts of the sedan should be ideal for the nodeoffset function.
    Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg
    3) also a bit similar, this one even reshapes the entire car n/b into a cube
    screenshot_00012_1920.jpg
    4) A weird mesh behaviour depending on the nodeoffset values (it seems). I'm busy separating my trailers into one package such that they can be used on every vehicle. The haywagon behaves weird; when adding it to the Pickup (nodeoffset is 0,0,0) the n/b seems fine, but the mesh of the frame is moved. This shouldn't be (checked in blender, the parts are at 0,0,0). Anyway, I moved the mesh in the jbeam so that it fits the n/b. Selecting the new ETK with towhitch and this trailer somehow moves things around again.

screenshot_00003_1920.jpg screenshot_00005_1920.jpg screenshot_00006_1920.jpg
    The dual axle small trailer which I also have behaves correctly.
    screenshot_00008_1920.jpg screenshot_00007_1920.jpg

Is there anything I might have overlooked or is there some problem with the function?

I've read http://www.beamng.com/threads/problem-with-nodeoffset.19040/#post-294118 But this doesn't seem to be the case.

2. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

2016-02-09_00027.jpg < I cannot move these tire And I cannot get the nodeofset to move them or work.

3. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

had something similar too. i fixed it by adding , {"nodeOffset":""} to all the slots besides and above it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yeah, nodeOffset is kinda funky and needs to be reset to "" after being set somewhere. It's all explained on the wiki page: http://wiki.beamng.com/NodeOffset

• Like Like x 1
  5. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

["steelwheel_01a_15x8", ["wheel_RR","wheelhub_RR"], [], {"pos":{"x":-0.52, "y":0.0, "z":0.0}, "rot":{"x":0, "y":0, "z":180}, "scale":{"x":1, "y":1, "z":1}}], {"nodeOffset":{"x":"$trackwidth_R", "y":1.25, "z":0.288}}],

Is this the correct way to put node offset correctly?

Thanks.

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

nodeOffset isn't a flexbody property, it's a node/slot property. So it has to be set inline in the slots section.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey, thanks for the help, it fixed most of the problems I had. Besides adding ,{"nodeOffset":""}], to every slot, I had to add {"nodeOffset":{"x":0,"y":0,"z":0}}, to the node section of both the body and the tow hitch jbeam to have the fullsize station function properly in combination with the tow hitch.

Issue four was actually a corrupt .dae, I exported it again and replaced it and the problem was gone.

I still had some issues, but playing along I found out that:
    - there shouldn't be a ,{"nodeOffset":""}], in the trailer slots (it moves the trailer parts back to the initial position :p )
    - there should be a 'mesh offset' (set to zero in this case; ["mesh_name", ["mesh_group1","mesh_group2"], [], {"pos":{"x":0.0, "y":0.0, "z":0.0}, "rot":{"x":0, "y":0, "z":0}, "scale":{"x":1, "y":1, "z":1}}],) such that the mesh can move. Otherwise the mesh will be stuck in the initial position.

If the devs can confirm this it might be put into the wiki page?

Thanks for all the help :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We just fixed that - no need to specify that anymore, it was a horrible bug ... will be in the next update.

• Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice