Outdated Nitrous Oxide for ALL Cars and Trucks

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Matchbox201, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Mod has been Discontinued
    N2O Now included by default in BeamNG.drive

Archived thread info:
    This mod turns every default vehicle(plus more) into budget dragsters / sleepers.:cool:
    (Vehicles without it, don't stand a chance.)

About This Mod:

version2: update 04/23/17

A Nitrous Oxide Speed Booster for ALL of the default game vehicles PLUS every mod and config based on them.

support for custom vehicle mods removed because of the addition of .jbeam to the mod to include NOS bottles and custom control. I can't manage that many vehicles... If you have a mod that is not based on default vehicle, contact me, and we can get it included.

Check the current vehicle list to see which vehicles will get Nitrous from this mod.

About the Nitrous Oxide Speed Booster:
    Works on every vehicle with Automatic or Manual Transmission**
    It does not work good with DCT transmissions, and it does not work at all with CVT transmissions.
    DCT and CVT transmissions may have limited gains.

What's it do?

It adds the "B" keybinding which will boost your engines performance(incredibly), while you hold the button.
    Once you have put mod in mods folder: no other installation step is necessary for the Nitrous Oxide Kit to deliver the performance gains of Nitrous on demand.

There is limited supply displayed as a percentage of Nitrous left.

Optional installation of Advanced Nitrous Control System™, which comes included. To activate the advanced Nitrous control, select it from the parts config under "Additional Modifications". When you activate this, it adds a tuning option where you can adjust the nozzle size for your Nitrous injection anywhere from 1mm - 3mm
    Be warned.. some engines can not handle max Nitrous, and things will explode.

Nozzle size will also effect how fast you use up your NOS.

Additionally, the Nitrous Bottles have been combined to the main mod. NOS bottles are still heavy WIP. By installing Nitrous Bottles along with the Advanced Nitrous Control, you can add a second bottle which doubles the capacity of Nitrous, allowing 200% usage instead of 100%.

To learn more, visit the info page at my game blog. (some updated pictures and videos are coming soon)
    **Before using Nitrous, Be Sure to Read the NOS User Manual

===========================
    Important Notes:
    This mod is being released, and continually improved, so you can have fun with it (well, mostly so I can have fun with it and learn new things, but thought I would share). If you don't like something, or don't have fun with it - please don't come here to rage and complain. It's just a game, let's learn new things and have fun together.:D

KNOWN ISSUES!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE pointing these out:
    -Nitrous Bottles ARE NOT JBEAMED yet, and Not Positioned correctly in every vehicle. They are just a rough draft placement and deform badly if you get in a wreck. It will take a some time to finish this, so help, or deal with it for now. The beta version will have proper installation.

-D-Series pickup is not responsive to addition of Extra NOS tanks. Not sure why this effects the D-series only... I know about it, and I am seeking a solution.

- Melting Engines, Exploding Drivetrain Parts, Wheel Hub mesh Spiking are a result of TOO MUCH Nitrous, or using NOS when the engine is beyond red-line limit.

- WARRANTY VOID IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW OWNERS MANUAL

If you are from another site which offers translated descriptions - Please link this mod source with your re-upload. спасибо.

Credits / Thanks:
    BeamNG.drive Developers for this game, the wiki, modding platform, cool physics and math, and the new power-train stuff.
    Special thanks to @Diamondback for pro-tips that got me looking at the right things.
    @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL for letting me use the original input binding from CRD and helping with testing

@crashmaster for tipping me about custom vehicle controllers like @Stoat Muldoon technical mod.
    xero_xero from turbosquid for original nitrous bottles 3d model.

Mod Has Been Discontinued

#1 Matchbox201, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

this is cool, great job! And I didn't expect so many cars having it :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

Thx for da awesome mod!
    and a tutorial that u are going to make soon!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys, hope you are enjoying it so far!

After I uploaded it, the little things that bothered me started to bother me more for some reason.
    I keep thinking of all the other poor BeamNG players losing control from the 3 second bursts, and crashing their vehicles unintentionally. (It happens to me a lot)
    Admittedly, it's rather dangerous in it's current state :D

Next update will have a few improvements that I'm working on.
    - No longer 3 second bursts, but a continual spray, only while the nitrous button is depressed.
    - Not limited to 10 shots, but a measurement of NOS left in the bottle - displayed as a percentage.
    - Possibly a "staged" system, so the increase is slightly more gradual and not as much like "OMGWTF NItrous!!"(pretty low priority though..;) )

I had complications when I first started mod, because originally that is how I wanted some of the design, but I couldn't get it working.
    Seems to be working now....

Attached Files:

• percent.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

I didn't try it yet. but does it have a nitros sound effect????

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

What sound effect? Nitrous doesn't make any kind of noticeable sound AFAIK

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Currently the engine revs up to max rpm, so you can hear that.
    But afaik also, there is no sound from spraying NOS into the engine in a realistic setting.(maybe a little, but hardly noticeable)

When the system is 'purged' you can definitely hear that!
    I do want to add a purge function... someday.

#7 Matchbox201, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  8. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

Nitrous purging?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

It's not required for nitrous, but recommended. It's like a pressure relief valve, that will bleed the air out of the lines; which has many benefits, especially for high hp / race installations.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

Ok. Thank you for explaining that to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

Nitros purge!!! Ha
    Reminds me a NFS underground 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

If it wasn't for the horrible way of downloading this mod would be 10/10.

Just put it up as a attachment, WoM is reuploading it anyway.

13. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

if we make a mod and want nos, can we use it? (with given credits obviously)

14. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

At least it's not MediaFire. It is my own private and secure server. Why would I upload anywhere else?

I am not concerned if they do, they have my permission. I just request that they provide a link to the proper source.
    Password just ensures they are not able to automatically scrape, and must come to this thread to get download themselves. Hai Guys! ;)
    No. Never. It's Mine. All Mine.

But since you asked nicely - yes I don't really care.
    Nitrous EVERYTHING!!!! Nitrous All BeamNG, Nitrous WoM, Nitrous Russia, Nitrous Germany, Nitrous USA , Nitrous FOR ALL THE THINGS!

Credits are cool. I appreciate that. I really appreciate links to my blog too ;)

15. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Let's hope your foolproof security system isn't broken immediately. That would be bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Hardly foolproof lol Even a fool can figure it out. Enter the username and password I provided. :D Bam, you're in.

I can't keep it that way anyways - it's very temporary. Special BeamNG.com access key must be removed so I can serve it at my own site openly. This is like, a special thing for you guys.;)

17. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Like this ;) (sorry for vid quality, on backup pc)

#17 Matchbox201, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  18. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

All hopped up.:cool: (video shows development version, not current download)

19. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

Please release this mod for all.
    I Love the Idea and want to use it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

When will u make a tutorial??

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice