New vehicle suggestion and minute details suggested for correction

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by McBeamer94, Apr 20, 2020.

1. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Hello guys and gals!
    The other day I had an idea about a new car regarded to the FCV family platform. I think that the Official BeamNG Devs could also add a Sports Coupe/Roadster model so as to raise the social status of both the FCV platform and the game. Since the FCV platform offers freedoms in design, forms of propulsion, suspension designs and electric motor placement, I think a sports model based on the FCV platform could also exist, having the same engines, drivelines, suspensions and battery packs (without excluding larger electric motors and battery packs in any future update, of course).
    The car in question could be a 2+2 Coupe, with a 2-seater soft-top Roadster version as well. I even found names for both body styles: the Coupe could be called the 'Cherrier Vitesse' ('Vitesse' is French for 'Speed', which is indicative of its purpose) and the name for the Roadster version could be the 'Cherrier Vitesse Souffle' ('Souffle' is French for 'Wind Breath' - 'Souffle de vent' = 'Breath of wind').
    And here is what the words sound like.
    https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=fr&text=breath of wind
    I have no suggestions in terms of styling but one thing is for sure: all the exterior lighting elements, the characteristic head- and taillights, the DRLs in the grille of the Arsenic versions and the rear light bar make the FCV cars look awesome and, therefore, should not be left out of the new body style!
    Lastly, Tograc sports versions like the 230S/270S/310S Arsenic/350Q/410Q Arsenic could also exist since some car companies offer such versions of their C-Segment crossovers IRL and, also, these versions could make great use of the Clutchex AWD system, especially when equipped with LSDs.

Moving on to the minute details, I just finished reading the 0.19.1 update devblog article and I noticed there is one thing that still hasn't been included in the updating procedures.
    There are three small (but very noticeable) differences in ETK models and they have to do with the gauges of the ETK 800 Series and those of the ETK K Series.
    The first difference has to do with the K Series gauges, which don't include the gear shift indicator, for both the manual and automatic transmissions, and they also don't include the 'economometer' showing the rate of consumption during acceleration and deceleration.
    The second difference is that only the 800 shows the various vehicle information and the travel speed in digits and counting unit between the gauges.

Here are the pictures. First the 800 Series gauges.
    https://www.beamng.com/attachments/...4/?temp_hash=3eb4ed4ac442b76ac069ddf2e95dc5f2

And now the K Series gauges.
    https://www.beamng.com/attachments/...8/?temp_hash=3eb4ed4ac442b76ac069ddf2e95dc5f2

And the third difference is that the 800 offers English and Metric gauges for speed and diesel engine RPMs while the K Series does not! The K Series only offers English and Metric gasoline gauges!

The last facts I noticed again relate to the FCV cars. Firstly, the Performance Class of the FCV models is ''0''. This certainly doesn't represent the performance of each version, even that of the more humble ones like the 110(d) and the 150d/160, because even these perform quite decently.
    And finally, the model letters added on the tailgate with the 0.19.1 update seem a bit too big to my eyes. I think they should be smaller (or even have a removal option).

These are my suggestions! Stay home, stay safe, have fun and show love and respect to BeamNG devs! :)

Attached Files:

• 800SeriesGauges-2020-04-201.png
    • KSeriesGauges-2020-04-202.png
    #1 McBeamer94, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Performance classes in general aren't particularly representative in game. There's a couple of configs in game that don't have any value assigned at all.

IMO the rear badge is fine, and it does have a removal option.

And there is a dedicated Vehicle Suggestions Thread as well as dedicated threads for the ETK K-Series and ETK 800 Series. Any comments for respective vehicles are more likely to be seen on their dedicated threads.

3. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering, my friend!
    I find it nice having a removal option because Idk they seem a bit large but then again, it may be just me!
    Since the Performance Classes don't actually represent the actual performance of each car, they might not have a reason to exist! Unless of course each car (and each of its versions for that matter) is categorized based on its 0-62, 0-100, 62-0, 100-0 times and distances and also the G-rate it can withstand during acceleration, braking and in a corner. The undercarriage components (gearboxes, wheels, tires, brakes, suspensions) can play an important role in this and may end up making it more difficult than it is!
    As for the dedicated forums for each model, the reason I decided to write my suggestions on the general 'Ideas and Suggestions' thread is that I was a bit afraid of having the post lost in all those comments and pages! And they're lots of them! By saying this, don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend or belittle the other people for their efforts, but quite the contrary, actually! It's just how I was thinking of it at that moment!
    I wish we be more, we share the same passion after all! :)

P.S.: I'll try the 'Vehicle Suggestions' thread and see how it goes, though! ;-D

#3 McBeamer94, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice