1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

New Jobs - October 2019

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by MrGantt, Oct 8, 2019.

1. MrGantt

MrGantt
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We are planning to grow the team working on BeamNG.drive and as a result have openings for the following positions:
    Hiring from within the BeamNG Community has been very successful for us in the past, so I wanted to bring these opportunities to everyone's attention. :)

All positions are open to remote work for suitable candidates. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa support for immigration to Germany, so applicants would have to already have the right to live and work here if they wish to relocate to Bremen.

• Like Like x 18
    • Informative Informative x 8
  2. teetee599

teetee599
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible for you to hire a 15 year-old with moderate computer skills and a dream to be a programmer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I would love to apply for all 3 but I dont have anywhere near the qualifications needed, I am a Wiki editor thats what I am good at :p

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I just want to be the third person here to say I wish :p

Third year ME student + double minor, one of which is in business. My people skills are a work in progress though. Best wishes to those who apply.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Raceboy77

Raceboy77
    Expand Collapse

i would like to try moderating as well

6. teetee599

teetee599
    Expand Collapse

I have many ideas for ingame content, but I lack the skills to create models. I think that the third option would be the best choice for me.

7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Being a 3D modeler at BeamNG must be like a dream come true for some people :D

But sadly, for me, I lack experience to apply :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

I would love to be an official content creator myself, but I haven't touched any of my mods in a while and my skills are pretty mediocre at best anyway. I wish luck to whoever gets in any of these positions, though! :3

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

You could try though :)
    I doubt that they get many applications. Most of the modders have a career or are still in uni(like me). Full time isn't an option for us sadly. Would love to do some work though.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'm just imagining TDev having an army of part time interns from the forums like goslings following Mamma Goose.

It seems that a fair number of active members of the forums are undergrads without job experience and consider it a dream scenario to work for a company like BeamNG. Part time internships would allow a lot of forum members to be more comfortable applying than proper full time jobs do.

Personally, I have a fair bit of experience with public speaking and customer relations, but I've never had a formal job in it so I'm not comfortable with the full responsibilities of that position. Also, double minoring in ME does not lend to full time employment. A part time internship version of that customer service position would be a dream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Welp, I can apply but from what I've seen they need someone who can design terrain/scenarios but has Blender experience as well; I only got 1 of those things :p

Maybe @bob.blunderton or @primo3001 would be the best candidate for that position

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

First unspoken rule, Dont demand to be anything on a forum site, like say being say a moderator

The team is fine as it is, it works and if it aint broke, dont fix it....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

@Sithhy™
    I would consider applying myself to it, but I don't work with Blender here. I used Maya because that is what I was able to learn, Blender just doesn't jive with my brain for some odd reason. I spent a while trying to learn it, too. It's just like they made Blender to be different just for that sake of being different. So that puts me out of the question, right there and then.
    --- Post updated, maybe you should have a position open for fixing this forum? ---

• Like Like x 4
  14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I know of a couple BeamNG developers who use different software, IIRC someone uses Maya.

15. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

@MrGantt Would Maya LT be a suitable replacement for Blender, as I don't know how to get around in Blender (other than converting models between formats, that I can do), but I already have a Maya LT subscription here. Could upgrade if needed to standard Maya if the situation requires it.
    I am decently accomplished and know a lot about how game engines, cpu's, gpu's etc work and how UV's need to be linked to lower draw calls and all that. Let me know if that would be OK.
    My example work such as Los Injurus can do the talking for me. Not the most detailed city, but sure is fun, let the reviews do the talking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. primo3001

primo3001
    Expand Collapse

I would love to. I know how to do modeling in blender and how to do level design, but I don't know if I am experienced enough, to be honest. My English is also not perfect to say the least.

17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Out of the two issues you've listed, the lack of experience would be my only concern. You just need enough English knowledge to do your job. Some BeamNG developers don't have perfect English skills, but they still are able to do their job. From my experiences with American Road, you do know level design and editor usage very well, but you probably want to get a bit more experience with Blender.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. primo3001

primo3001
    Expand Collapse

I made American Road long time ago. It was difficult to make even a cube in blender for me without accidentally closing all tabs. Since then I made huge progress with blender. I can make things like cars, buildings, trees etc. But I am not sure if the quality is good enough for BeamNG standards.

19. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I hadn't seen any of your non-American Road work. Good to know you've significantly improved.

20. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

It is good to see BeamNG is looking to expand their wonderful company! Only good things can come from this.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice