New International Airport Map

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Steven Khuu, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Steven Khuu

Steven Khuu
    Expand Collapse

There are a few maps that have airfields, but that is not big enough for passenger planes, sadly there was a Francis International Airport map but it is no longer available for download, There should be a big international airport with planes (can't fly of course), airport service vehicles, jet bridges, hotels, a control tower, hangars, lots of detail, and when you make it night the lights on runways and taxiways should light up. There should also be an airport shuttle skin for the Wentward Bus, like the one shown below. The airport shown in the picture below is Dallas Love Field (DAL).

This is how big I want the airport to be

282876.jpg 14431820792_d156feba09_b.jpg

#1 Steven Khuu, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

If someone makes a big airport then we will need a big city as well. Someone could probably add an airport to WCUSA though in the mean time you could use this. It is not near any city, though there is a fair amount of desert. If you want to fly in WCUSA then try to use the B-25 on either the drag strip or the off-map sections of highway.

3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It'd probably have to be use a map size about the same as American Roads or Roane County, or a map size between both (if you are counting both the city and the airport).

4. Steven Khuu

Steven Khuu
    Expand Collapse

True I do want the airport near a big city so it makes sense, and yes American Road and Tennessee USA Does have a lot of empty space. So I should show this to the author of the maps

5. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Both have airports already and Roane County has an airport identical to the real-life counterpart. American road has 3, one which is based of the Top Gear test track and the other is a dirt runway. Maybe American Road could be modified but not Roane County, as it is baed on real life.

6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

You would have to credit the creator of American Roads though, considering even with those modifications, it doesn't make it a completely new map.

7. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Italy will have a relatively large airport near a moderate sized city .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Steven Khuu

Steven Khuu
    Expand Collapse

Yeah for West Coast USA, they should expand the island that is currently blocked off and build the airport there, just like Kansai Airport in Japan was built on an artificial island. I have the airport map you linked and yeah I do sometimes use it as an intl airport, but it just doesn't feel right because it is a military airport, it only has hangars and no terminal

Kix_aerial_photo.jpg

9. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

2018-08-10.png As of 0.12

10. Steven Khuu

Steven Khuu
    Expand Collapse

Oh I didn't notice they opened it
    --- Post updated ---
    I just realized east coast USA can work as well because there is a lot of forest that can be cut down to build the airport.

11. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

In case people were seeking functionality, Many airports through history has been converted into race tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice