Nerf soft bushes

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by TripleAye, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I found this video and this gives some perspective to how soft they should be i'd guess. Covet size cars could plow through tree leaves with some resistance.

2. TripleAye

TripleAye
    Expand Collapse

Here's a good one.

3. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Ouch, that crash must have hurt. Anyhoo, that actually looks like it gives better perspective on what the weight of the car can do to plants. Especially how that is a rally car and has lots of weight reduction done to it.

4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

WRC cars still wiegh a minimum of 1200kg without the driver and co driver. Not sure about fuel.

5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I remember watching an YBR video where he was trying to purposely crash an car into the sides of the roads to damage the car, but he failed to due it due to the bushes being pillows.
    Acutally here's the vid:

(Skip to 6:20 and look at the crashes from that point to 7:00)

6. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

8. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

9. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

They've already said that they plan on improving this down the road. I don't see what bumping will do to help.

10. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Can I just remove soft brushes myself? I would like to know a temporary fix if it is possible.

11. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Opening .forest files doesn't contain anything but random letters and symbols. I use notepad++

12. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

I definitely agree with this. A T-Series should be able to bulldoze small trees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Seems a little harsh to delete the bushes. I don't mind bushes, I just hate the way they slow you down. JRI's bushes is basically the whole map so I don't know what I would do for that

14. aDaWaN

aDaWaN
    Expand Collapse

I was playing the rally maps in Jungle Rock Island today and the bushes completely ruin the fun in driving those maps.
    Spinning a 1750kg car traveling at well over 60 mph by a small bush, there is no realism in that..

15. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Seeing after a major update has rolled by, no signs of significant improvement. I'm quitting for a few months until this gets sorted straight so I can play on my favorite map JRI. I needed a break anyway, got bored and my wheel's pedals are falling apart.

16. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

the most fun i have with the game is when i just drive around a map as fast as possible without crashing -
    and when i inevitably crash its cool to see the aftermath.
    this is currently impossible on JRI because the plants slow you down so much that you often get away with nearly no damage.
    ive jumped off cliffsides and got slowed so much by the trees that i landed on the ground with just a few dents.

wouldnt it be possible to just disable the "soft bush" feature completely until we have a final solution?
    not getting slowed down at all is still more realstic than what we have right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

As the slowing affect is part of the map code, (the tree leaves and bushes are made out of a kind of "mud" that takes up 3d space) they would have to have a secondary map without the soft bushes in them. It'd probably be a pretty easy mod for someone to make.

18. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

And if somebody made a mod, they would be a big hit.

Where is this code located so we can delete it and finally not have to deal with these horrid, unrealistic bushes.

19. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

bahahhahah! this make me laugh I watched it a few times (I want to try the fall now). yeah they should make them less grabby. one time I fell into a tree using a hirochi sunburst and it took the hubcaps an extra 30 seconds to fall down after the car fell.

20. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

I'd imagine you'd just need to leave the visuals but change the material type of that of the normal road. I'm not good at the map editor, but I would imagine you could do that manually with the map editor tools.

21. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

:p. My race was ruined because of a bush. I want to start traction again on this thread so more people can be aware of the menace, "the bush".

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

But then it would be unrealistic, I think if that took place IRL there would also be a problem...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice