Need map help, (i am a noob)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by dragcartv, Feb 19, 2016.

1. dragcartv

dragcartv
    Expand Collapse

Hey,
    how can i create a map in torque3d editor without being deleted by updates, so making it a standalone mod?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Updates do not delete maps. If it happened to you, then you probably put your map in the wrong place.

3. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Copy your map from the "levels" folder (if it's there) located in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\BeamNG.drive\, and also the levels folder located in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\BeamNG.drive\cache.X.X.X.X\ to your mods folder.

#3 NaxNir, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  4. dragcartv

dragcartv
    Expand Collapse

Hm, because i had a map who survived 3 updates or so, and then at one update the map was like set back, there was only a road from the beginning i placed.
    The map was in my documents (beamng folder) and I didn't changed the folder place, I also made a backup, but not even this works, don't know what i did there :I

5. schumacher

schumacher
    Expand Collapse

So I can give you a tutorial I made on you Tube , its the way I am using Since 1 year and this map still works fine , So if you are a beginner of map creation this is a pretty good Video I made I think :

#5 schumacher, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice