1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Need help with unstable drivetrain/front tires for turbo AWD Civetta

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by 1UZ-FE, Aug 14, 2017.

1. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to have an AWD Civetta in the easiest way possible, so I duplicated the RWD diff, gave it a unique name ID and added a line for power to the front wheels as shown here:

"powertrain" : [
    ["type", "name", "inputName", "inputIndex"]
    ["differential", "differential_R", "gearbox", 1, {"diffType":"lsd", "gearRatio": 3.45, "lsdPreload":275, "lsdLockCoef":0.12, "lsdRevLockCoef":0.06, "friction":8}]
    ["differential", "differential_F", "gearbox", 1, {"diffType":"lsd", "gearRatio": 3.45, "lsdPreload":225, "lsdLockCoef":0.12, "lsdRevLockCoef":0.06, "friction":8}]

Ever wanted to see a Civetta Bolide get sideways from engaging the E-brake AND recover from a downshift??
    This video shows the potential of the AWD Civetta by preventing any unwanted deformations, as if there were no instability issues (200 hp 3.2 V8 n/a).

Now, here is a video of the Civetta's tires deforming during a test run. I go easy on it at first, and at the end I purposely keep my foot down as I get air to show what happens to the tires at heavy load/ high RPM.

As you can see, the code is correct and power does apply to all four wheels, however the front tires become deformed and unstable from torque delivery upon heavy loads/high RPM in any gear, but especially first or second. If I give it less throttle, especially until I get into third gear and up, the front tires won't become unstable and handle just fine.

Both sport and Grip-All deform, but the Grip-All seems to deform a little later than the sport, I guess that's because the Grip-All is supposed to be a sturdier/grippier tire. In this video, I have the Grip-All applied.

My best guess is that these tires become unstable because there was never a need to work on the front tires regarding torque delivery of the Civetta, as it is only supposed to be a RR drivetrain config.

What I would like to know is if there is any easy solution to this. I'm dying to have a ghetto rigged turbo AWD Civetta lol...

--- Post updated ---
    To further add to diagnosis, It seems that if the clutch is engaged during lots of engine preload, or if the throttle is 100% while in gear and held down until higher RPM is reached, the speedometer reads at a much higher number than it should and the nose of the Civetta points up as if it was trying to drag race, as if the clutch, once engaged, is too grippy and/or is providing too much torque/RPM spin as compared to actual torque and RPM output. Then, the tires disintegrate. Now it seems it's more than just the tires...

Here, you will see how the tires deform at a fraction of realtime. In this video, I'm using the weakest V8 n/a.

#1 1UZ-FE, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

some cars just behave odd when awd modded
    you might need to up the deform values on it
    the bolide has crazy front wheels
    some or most versions of the hatch oversteer like mad
    it may be the torque nodes...
    (pre powertain was still like this)
    i suggest flat launching it

it could be the weight distribution as well wheels misbehave when there no load and heaps of power

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice