Need help with thrusters

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by WackyFolf, Sep 21, 2018.

1. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

(I Just realized this isn't where this goes....Hi! This is my first time actually attempting to make a mod and getting past the two-minute mark. Anyway, since I've never actually made one, I need some help. I'm trying to make an aquatic Pigeon of sorts. I'm using a modified version of BombBoy4's More JATO mod (I got their permission). I made a new body, one called "pigeon_body_aqautic" and it's identical to the original Pigeon body, just with some nodes. I used Blijo's paper boat thrusters for reference on how to make them.

Here's some important info: I CAN spawn the Pigeon and use the body I made.

However, when I try using the JATO strapped on the back, the vehicle won't move at all. Also, when I try using the thrusters to move the car, nothing happens. I've tried at different strengths, nothing.

This is a big question, but what do you think might be happening? Attached is the Jbeam. It is placed in the mod's folder, which is unpacked.

Here's a video: (I ground gear because I'm used to a wheel, not a keyboard)

Please note: Finished product will probably be much different from what it looks like now.

Attached Files:

#1 WackyFolf, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Didn't think about that, lol. I guess you're right. I also didn't think about how the cannon moves. Thank you!

Also, the video has those horrible artifacts in the sky because the new AMD driver update broke some maps like WCUSA, ECUSA, and American Roads.

3. WackyFolf

WackyFolf
    Expand Collapse

Okay... well, I tried using existing nodes, and I figured out that the thruster on the back only works if the "thrusters" code isn't present in the jbeam. If there is no thruster code, it works. However, the turning thrusters DO work! I think what's happening is that the body rockets are conflicting with the JATO rocket ones.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yay! I got it to work! Thanks so much for the help!

#2 WackyFolf, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice