Need Help For Map Backup

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by buzzinggamer, May 3, 2022.

1. buzzinggamer

buzzinggamer
    Expand Collapse

Hi i need some help finding a way to backup my beamng map. Because ive make a copy of the map and uploaded it to my google drive before i needed to deep clean my game cache. after that was done i re downloaded the folder but its back to default. i cant seem to find a way to keep a backup of the map the way i left it with out it going back to default.

If anyone could help me work this out it would save me a lot of hours of work wasted.

Thanks.

2. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes if you don’t save the map properly then it goes back to the default, in that case there’s nothing you can do about it,
    Allots told me how to save a map properly here, if you did those steps then idk what else you could do

3. AlexKidd71

AlexKidd71
    Expand Collapse

You must backup 0.24/levels/yourmap and copy it back there.
    --- Post updated ---
    Longer answer: if you work with an unpacked map in mods folder and make changes the changes are stored in the 0.24/levels/yourmap folder. You can copy the changes over to the unpacked folder. Then you have the complete map which can be saved for backup.

4. buzzinggamer

buzzinggamer
    Expand Collapse

Thank you it works, you dont get how much stress this has released Thank you!!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice