1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

My Mods Are Gone

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by mumblz, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumblz

mumblz
    Expand Collapse

All cars that are modded besides the Nadeox1 Crown Victoria is gone, and only Endless Highway remains for me, as well as the fact that it doesn't load anymore.

2. Darkangel

Darkangel
    Expand Collapse

Same here all my car and map mods are gone. The default maps load, its just that they spawn you under the map and your vehicle doesn't spawn. All you can do is just look half way above the ground and below it...

3. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

Go to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\BeamNG.drive\unknown_files_user_backup.0.3.7.7

They are there.

4. RyMcC22

RyMcC22
    Expand Collapse

All my mods were still in their appropriate folder, but not in game. Now i don't have the slightest clue on were to re-install my mods, because the file system has changed. Can somebody help me?

• Like Like x 1
  5. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

There's a new system, you just drop the zips in C:/Users/<yourusernamehere>/Documents/BeamNG.drive/mods.

There is a hierarchy format inside the zip for each mod, and it looks like this:

Modname.zip
    V
    levels/vehicles (depending on the type of the mod)
    V
    Modname
    V
    all of the mod's original files

6. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

only thing is that maps have all the stuff gone all thats left if you open the folders is more folders no files and nearly all my mods dont work exept the mini d15 arbs d15 and van and nades vic and slayers mods are all that still work

7. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

What? It's possible for any mod to work with this version, you just need to structure the zip properly - if the entire contents of the zip has suddenly been nullified like you said, I would think you have bigger issues at hand, like hard drive failure.

8. deathtome

deathtome
    Expand Collapse

so i fired up drive bemng today after patch and all my maps are gone and all my cars are gone after playing a little while i looked in my folders and maps are still there just not showing up and all my car files have been deleted wtf is goning on here

9. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i put all my cars in vechles and some of them work fine its just that no maps work

- - - Updated - - -

why cant they just keep it how it was it worked fine

10. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Can you stop parading around declaring that "maps don't work"?

They work fine, they just need to be set up properly.

11. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

12. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

1. Open the .rar/zip file of the map you want to install.
    2. Then make a "levels" folder in your mods folder.
    3. Put the contents of the map in that folder.
    4. Then make a .rar/zip file (doesn't matter what you call it).
    5. Put the "levels" folder inside of that.
    6. Delete the "levels" folder.
    7. The last thing you have to do is delete the cache folder.
    If you done that, then you sould be able to play the map without any problems.

I hope that that helped you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. freehunter

freehunter
    Expand Collapse

Since Gabester is pointing all discussion to this thread, I'll make a complaint here. The first complaint is that I have to edit or redownload all of my mods. I'm not sure we've been given a good reason as to why this change was decided on.

The second complaint is that by requiring mods to be in zip folders, the ability to experiment is drastically reduced. I can't easily change settings in a jbeam file and test them out in-game. Instead I have to unzip the file, make a change, and zip it again. Again, without a good explanation as to why this is better.

Its nice to have the option for zip files. But I just tried adding a mod folder (that works when zipped) that was not inside of a zip, and it would not load. That's crazy to me. That's two more steps to editing a jbeam that weren't there yesterday. Why?

14. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

^I agree with everything you just said.

I hate steam and still don't know how to use it, can some one tell me how to re-install the game?

15. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

They don't need to be zipped. Make a folder called "vehicles" in your mods folder, place the vehicle mod in there (the folder, not the .zip), and it'll work. You can edit it and use CTRL + R to reload in real time and see your changes in-game. Same goes for levels - make a "levels" folder. The .zip system is simply there to make it easier for people to install mods - they just have to download the (correctly formatted) .zip to My Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods and it'll show up in-game.

- - - Updated - - -

For a fresh reinstall, right click on BeamNG.drive in your Steam library and click Delete Local Content. Then it should reinstall the game from scratch. Also remove the BeamNG.drive folder in My Documents (back up any mods you want to save from there).

16. Evon117

Evon117
    Expand Collapse

I kindve understand what Im supposed to do to fix this, but am I supposed to move each mod into its own zip, or all of them into one? also why do I need to put them into zips?

(EDIT) gabester has seemed to clear this up while I typed. thanks!

17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Is the program caching to multiple folders currently?. What is the end goal for the caching scheme? Thanks!

18. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You don't need to put anything into a .zip. Like I said, create a "vehicles" folder in BeamNG.drive\mods\, and then simply copy the vehicle mod's folder into mods\vehicles\. So it would look like this:
    Code:
    My Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods\vehicles\coolcar\coolcar.jbeam
    - - - Updated - - -

It's supposed to only cache to My Documents\BeamNG.drive\cache, but for some reason it's also creating a "vehicles" folder in BeamNG.drive with junk files that are being read improperly.

19. Evon117

Evon117
    Expand Collapse

20. ArmaAK

ArmaAK
    Expand Collapse

I understand the new system and how it works, but what if I don't want a bunch of files on my C: drive? (i.e. where My Documents is). Can I put my custom levels/vehicles on another drive instead of my main drive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice