1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by cowboy905, Aug 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am Cowboy905, I'm also a game developer, and I work with torque 3d. When you make a "game" with torque, your game package comes with multiplayer, and it looks like the developers of beamng did not remove this code. I tried to make a Multiplayer Mod, but could not find out how to edit the gui on the main menu. I'd love to experiment with a multiplayer. So is there anything the developers want to say about this subject?

• Like Like x 2
  2. geronimo9

geronimo9
    Expand Collapse

True, but it would have say only on good computers or something. Double player would work, up too 5 cars on my laptop.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The T3D netcode is of no use for us, it's not integrated with our physics in no way.
    Infact, the game is currently under heavy change as we are removing it before adding more stuff.

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Edit: ninjaed by nadeox :-D

Torque3D multiplayer cannot be used for proper BeamNG multiplayer.

Furthermore, we are now in the process of removing all of the existing network code, in order to make everything simpler and easier to maintain, since netcode is intertwined absolutely everywhere for no currently valid reason (making development slower, creating bugs, and making bugs harder to deal with).

As for BeamNG multiplayer, please refer to the FAQ: Is multiplayer planned?

5. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

Ok, if there were multiplayer, would the game crash, or would there just be no jbeam physics?

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What.

T3D Netcode is not in anyway linked to the simulation.
    It would simply not work at all, nothing in there tells T3D what to sync and whatnot.

7. dinosaur202

dinosaur202
    Expand Collapse

The game would probably crash due to trolls (e.g. car spammers) and just the amount of people using so many cars, the cars are made of many parts, not just 1.

EDIT: Another problem would be some clients using mods, while say someone else has vanilla BeamNG. This may cause problems, and maybe the modded cars would be covered in the "NO TEXTURE" thing for clients who don't have the mods, either that or they would be invisible/just crash the whole server.

EDIT 2: I reccomend using multiseat.

#7 dinosaur202, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  8. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

However, there is a way to code a server so there is a max amount of vehicles you can use.

But the game still can't handle multiplayer, so....
    --- Post updated ---
    My dream of tandem drifting is gone :^(

*Crying*

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The thing is:

T3D Netcode has exactly 0 thing in common with BeamNG.Drive simulation.
    T3D Netcode was made for T3D stuff. BeamNG.Drive is not 3D stuff, it's an external physic engine.
    The two things are not linked together, so you cannot use T3D Netcode to magically add MP.
    And as we do not need T3D netcode, that's why it is being removed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice