Muddy

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Lettice123, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Lettice123

Lettice123
    Expand Collapse

i think someone should make a mod that makes the car muddy when it goes in muddy places this doesn't have to be a mod it could be a update. Please can someone do it!

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

If the devs haven't done it yet, because it's hard to do, I don't think a modder would be able to do it either

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Im pretty sure it would require a lot of LUA coding.
    I think

4. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

You would be suprised, a modder made a speed-changing spoiler back before the covet had two mirrors, and long before the Devs did it on the SBR4

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

It was a bolide, if I remember? Ah, the pre-steam days were fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

It would take quite a bit of work. It would be a difficult task, but I HIGHLY doubt it is impossible. I'm sure it will be done someday.

7. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Yes, those where the days....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, I guess you could use LUA to load different skin, then you would have really many different kind of skins which you would load in sequence to get muddier and muddier look more distance one covers in certain groundmodel type.

I think for someone proficient in LUA it would not be difficult, but result might not be too good because of lag, maybe?

9. RAINY

RAINY
    Expand Collapse

Boom
    --- Post updated ---
    Step 1. Make decal editor
    Step 2. Make particals activate different "stickers" based on partical
    Step 3. Ad textures for
    1 dirt/mud
    2 dust
    Step 4. Make water erasace those dirt mud and dust textures with time dependent on dirtiness of the water

10. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

YEA its just that easy :rolleyes:

something like mud and dust etc has been mentioned a lot before, its something that is seriously on the back burner, if at all on the stove, since theres so many more important things to deal with...so dont hold your breath for mud or scratches.

11. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You all forget about one thing. Simple mud decal on the body will not do, while this is exactly how other games do it, keep in mind BeamNG is supposed to be realistic, so it would mean it would need to track where each mud particle goes and place and procedurally generated mud mark on that exact place. I don't feel like that will come soon as it would require A LOT of work and it would potentially be really resource intensive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RAINY

RAINY
    Expand Collapse

It would not track the particals, only recognize when a partical hits the mesh of a vehicle
    --- Post updated ---
    And I'm not saying it's all that easy. It is a task of difficulty, it would make since to apply it to a decal editor and release both at the same time

13. DoritoMan113

DoritoMan113
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but not everything about Beam is already realistic. Take what we are talking about now, which is particles. The particles in the game now are unrealistic. They are literally textures that are flung behind the car and fall through the world. Also, the mud does not move. In the game Spintires, vehicles are able to interact with the ground and shape it. It also has mud splatter on vehicles that looks very realistic and is washed away by water. Spin tires is a simulation game aswell, and it is not a very resource intensive game. I do see your point, but there is only so much that the beam engine is capable of, so there needs to be some shortcuts.

It is maybe possible to have different interaction sections of a vehicle. For example, if a particle hits the rear side of a car it sprays a texture in the general area, etc. But I do not know if that would work I have no LUA experience.

14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Personally I think weathering is important enough that a compromise is worth making. I would rather half realistic mud/dirt/scratches than none at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice