1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

MP4 Video Playback Issues on USB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PatrickH, Feb 1, 2018.

1. PatrickH

PatrickH
    Expand Collapse

I know this isn't the place for this but I won't get answer anywhere else. I have MP4 videos that play fine on my computer, but when I copy them to a USB flash drive they will not play. I get a "Windows cannot play the file. It may not support the file format" message. I don't see why its doing this when they play fine on my PC and played fine before they were copied a second time. Does anyone know a fix for this.

2. Puzzle

Puzzle
    Expand Collapse

have you tried importing it to the pc then doing so?

3. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Can we have some additional information? What is the usb type? What resolution and bitrate is the video?

4. PatrickH

PatrickH
    Expand Collapse

Its a 32gb USB flash drive. A majority of the videos are MP4 Videos. I don't know what bit rate is. But I need answers quick because I don't want to fail. I'm already late on it.

5. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Do you have any other usb drive? Using other device could be the easiest solution.
    Another solution could be formatting your stick to FAT32. Look up some tutorials, and be sure to take a copy of everything on the stick before doing it. Some people have reported this working for them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice