WIP Beta released Mountain Bash

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by hog0005, Dec 19, 2014.

1. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

My first public mod

Just a very early version of Mountain Bash one of my favorite maps from Rigs of Rods.

Many thanks to Straubz for letting me use his height map.

I plan on updating this pretty regularly, and I would love to hear from you guys about some ideas for rock crawls, mud bogs, features etc that you would like to see in the map.

Note: A stock Off-road D15 can do most of these trails with some careful line planing, although a few may be impassable until I add a couple of objects.

Happy trails :D
    1st update...
    It now has a forest with a mix of oak and aspin trees
    I have started to place some of the rocks
    Shadows have been improved
    Decal roads have been started
    Some smoothing of the insane ruts has been done in a few places and on most of the decal roads
    Added a "time of day" function with 1 game day per hour of play.
    You can choose Mountain Bash Day or Mountain Bash Night from the level selector

Before installing the update: Please delete the previous "mountain_bash" folder in BeamNG.drive\levels

Attached Files:

#1 hog0005, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Pics? Download? Anything at all?

3. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Hey, yeah download is up now, sorry about the wait. pics will be up soon ;)

4. Roadside_Racoon

Roadside_Racoon
    Expand Collapse

Cool. I'll have to try this out.
    Downloading now :)

5. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

Ima download, looks small in picture.

***UPDATE***

MAP DIDNT WORK, UI ERROR!

*The ui leads me to this website at BeamNg.com: Errors/Unresponsive_UI_Process

*Fix it?
    ui.jpg

***UPDATE 2***
    Reloaded BeamNG.drive experimental version (didnt reinstall it), now ive loaded the map and it works fine. (For the moment..)
    BeamNG 2014-12-20 00-33-47-04.jpg

#5 MultiGamerClub, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  6. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Don't think that its on my end mate

There are two possible issues if you run into this:

a) This is a bug that is caused by idling in the menus for too long (over 120 seconds). It was found and the fix will be released in 0.3.7.0
    b) Your Antivirus deleted the userinterface program. Please disable your anti-virus and reinstall the game. That should fix it.
    If you still cannot get it working, please contact our support: http://www.beamng.com/contactus/

Try it again on the stable release if you can please and let me know how you go...
    I have had the same error before on stock maps when I have been busy with the kids.

7. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Great work on the conversion, some of the ruts could do with some fixing though, when i made this track it was just to learn L3DT so they aren't the best:)

Definitely not to do with the map, i had a quick look through all the files and everything is set up correctly.

8. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Hey Straubz cheers mate, I actually have been smoothing a few trails a little this morning as well as adding decal roads to some of the more established tracks.

Just trying to smooth the centre of the ruts using the slope tool seems to be going well and isn't killing them completely... I will try get an updated version up tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice