Most Useless Cars and/or With the Most Useless Parts

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by CarBro74, Aug 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Hey. I am at it again posting at this sub-forum. This time, post vehicles that are useless, or have useless parts. Here are some examples:
    The Toyota Celica with its giant, useless wing.

The Aston Martin Cygnet. This is Aston Martin's attempt to get with the small car industry. You can find better, cheaper small cars than this.

2. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

is the celica fwd?

3. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Only the 21st century version.

4. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

Oh.

5. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

The last gen Celica wasn't the ONLY gen that was FWD. Yes the 1st to 3rd gen were RWD, but the 4th to 6th gen base models were FWD as well, with AWD being for the higher trim lines. Plus the last gen wasn't the only car with a "useless" spoiler..

The Cygnet was created just so Aston Martin could comply with the 2012 EU-imposed fleet emissions regulations. Even though sales were disastrously poor, it was overpriced for something of size when you could get the Toyota iQ much cheaper, it was useless, but wasn't that really useless in terms of regulations and all that jazz.

6. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

It was not their attempt to get into the small car industry at all. In the EU, the emissions for car companies are taken as an average from the whole fleet, not each individual car. Aston saw that their range was above this average, so they needed a crap small car to take the emissions numbers down, and thus, the Cygnet was born. It is just a re-badged Toyota IQ.
    --- Post updated ---
    It was not their attempt to get into the small car industry at all. In the EU, the emissions for car companies are taken as an average from the whole fleet, not each individual car. Aston saw that their range was above this average, so they needed a crap small car to take the emissions numbers down, and thus, the Cygnet was born. It is just a re-badged Toyota IQ.

7. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Ugh. People just comment on my examples all the time. Can we just get back to the topic?

8. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

The first FWD celica was made in 1985.

But honestly just about every new car design screams useless to me.
    Let's take a look at the 2016 BMW X6 for example.

First off, what the hell is that fake vent doing behind the front wheel. And where does that weird crease below the window line go to?
    What is the purpose of that weird side skirt shape that just appears and disappears out of nowhere?
    And why the hell are there fake exhausts. Seriously, every new BMW has fake exhaust tips.

Hell the X6 itself is a useless car. It's not roomier than a standard car, it's not faster than an M3, it's not comfy nor is it good offroad, and it gets awful fuel consumption. The only people buying this are badge whores who don't really care for cars.

It seems that all the car designers are going for "sophisticated and complex" designs, but in the process creating something that appears to have come out of some radioactive mucus puddle and malformed itself horribly.

#8 Slammington, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

Turn signals on bmws (specially 5 series)

• Like Like x 1
  10. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

deleted

#10 CarBro74, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  11. Carbender

Carbender
    Expand Collapse

The most useless people carrier ever, not big enough to fit you're family and almost as safe as being inside of a tin can driving down the highway.

12. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Sigh. Okay, the whole reason this was made, along with other small cars was originally in Japan, usually in big cities to where space is really tight, since normal cars would cause traffic jams and wouldn't fit down narrow streets, these were made, and people who own/buy them, it's cheaper to own and maintain, you don't get taxed as much as with a regular car, and size isn't an issue when you're driving down narrow streets. Also, a van such as that is physically impossible to even reach highway speeds, nor any vehicle of that size is even allowed to drive on a highway. If a family wanted an MPV? There's shitloads of them out there, they don't have to resort to this, unless they want to. Yes these have been imported into the US, and some have even been built in Europe, I know well for sure these are mainly used for Urban areas, and aren't allowed on any highways. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Europe as well.

Case in point, not all of these Kei vans are MPVs, as some are built mainly as a small urban cargo van.

Doesn't anyone ever fucking do any research?

#12 NismoR35, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 15
  13. Chickenzfly

Chickenzfly
    Expand Collapse

Ford Pinto.

Why?
    Because American Top Gear.

14. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

The turn signal on most cars‚ I don't know why cars compagnie still put them on there cars‚ because people never use them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Poor poor BMW turn signal installers..

16. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Retracted

#16 Copunit12, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  17. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Hey, I like Smart cars.. And the P50 doesn't even have reverse gear..

18. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

I feel like I have to explain this shit again like I did with the Kei van a few posts up. Takes deep breath. This is literally like what that little Daihatsu van was built for, City cars. Urban Environments, Places where space isn't as abundant you think you there is, and you won't be able to drive your massive land yacht or any other regular sized car down narrow streets. Take a look at big cities like Tokyo, London, or parts of Italy. Plus, for the Smart's case in particular, and in addition of the Toyota iQ. Both Mercedes Benz and Toyota wanted to create the smallest city car as possible without compromising safety. Smart has has that "Tridion Cell" which protects occupants in crashes, and the car stays in relative shape without crumpling severely. The iQ employs a similar design with the engine going underneath the occupants in case of a crash. Both cars are loaded with a myriad of airbags, and other safety equipment. Might I also add, City cars and other similarly sized cars were built to be environmentally conscious, or friendly within the City. Like, you wouldn't see a city car belching out black diesel smoke like a large truck in the city would you?

The Peel P50 is an old, aged design which, Yes, is alot smaller and road legal, Yes, the original model didn't have a reverse gear, Yes revised models, both with Gas and Electric motors are being built today since 2011, but with people being obsessed with safety, it's not going to be like, the "Best Selling Car" out there. I can't even go more clearer beyond the point of saying this.

If you only posted the Smart Fortwo as being "Useless" just because you either didn't like it, or even give a plausible reason Why, like someone else has done with the BMW X6 a few more posts further up, then why bother? And like I've said before

RESEARCH, PEOPLE.

#18 NismoR35, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  19. Cool Username

Cool Username
    Expand Collapse

I think that the side vents behind the front wheels are for aerodynamics and so that the low air pressure zone (or maybe high pressure zone? idk) can diffuse itself through the vent.

that car is still garbage though

20. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

The new one dose :3

Yes I know what the smart car was built for. It is small yes but "at least the older ones" had horrible mpg "highway" city it was probably great. They have a specialty purpose and it dose that role very well. Tight city driving at speeds up to 30mph. But if you live in a city like idk New York or San Francisco you could buy a Fiat which is slightly larger but can do more and is able to legally go on highways. If you want gas mileage get a Prius or again a fiat. If you want a tiny car that has god amount of mph the peel p50 is better because YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR PARKING. Just pick it up and bring it inside.
    Also mondern day safty to me is the biggest joke I have ever seen. Ohh look we built a car that has ABS, ESC and automatic braking. Then I ask this question "what happens if my battery dies (in today's society this is a very likely possibility, they just don't make cars like they use to) will I lose my brakes, will I come to a sudden stop on the highway?" Another thing is that If your in a small car No amount of safety will stop a semi truck going 50mph from destroying your car.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice