Outdated More Features Mod 12.0 - BeamNG.drive 0.11.0.x

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by StinchinStein, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Tonny

Tonny
    Expand Collapse

When will the 0.6.0 Patch for this mod come out?

2. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Oh, was it the 0.6 version already? I thought he didn't update it yet because with that version, I can't get to use the E, H or F functions (engine start, horn, and ignition), and I don't see the custom bindings anywhere. Tried deleting the cache several times, is anybody else having that problem?

Update - ok, now I see the custom bindings but the game is broken, so I guess this is not actually the update, usually he makes a thread post informing us of the new download

#642 Jorlman, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Not updated yet. Still trying to figure out why the script won't initialize, and because I haven't felt like working on it.. Hopefully it's soon as I really like using this mod myself... xD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Interesting thing is, after the other user said it was updated 2 days ago, I downloaded the last file and it worked 2 times in a row (stalling, gear grinding sounds, etc), but it was as if no keybindings were set so I couldn't restart the engine. Now it has come back to the usual "tacho stuck at midpoint" that happens when a mod is broken.

THE MAGIC OF CODING

• Like Like x 4
  5. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Okay. Hoping to release an update later, will include starting/stopping/stalling and hopefully the battery system.
    Decided not to rewrite it, just going to convert it all to the new 0.6 update.

• Like Like x 2
  6. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Its funny how this mod has changed gaming experience, when the update came out the first thing I did was delete this, but when I was messing around i crashed the new ETK and tried to turn off the engine. XD But I do love it and cant wait for the update/fix:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

You know, now that you say it, maybe it would be convenient to separate the "transmission" part of the mod (stalling, engine start and gear grinding) and the "electric system" and "extra features", so maybe it would be easier to pinpoint the possible conflicts in the updates. I might be talking out of my ass right now because I don't know how all the mod is built, but I do know that it has become massive with a buttload of lines, so fixing/rewriting it might be more of a pain if it's all kept in one single mod file

8. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Tbh that's pretty much how it's been organized xD Except it's all in one file instead of separate ones.

Update on "Update":
    - Key Input is proving to be a challenge as "F" is no longer a default key...

#648 StinchinStein, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

I feel a bit dumb right now xD but yeah, that's a smart way of organizing it

And what's the deal with the F not being a default key? I remember seeing somewhere that the "letter-Function" of the bindings were to be "deprecated", but you said you couldn't use custom bindings so I can't guess the reasons behind that

10. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

The new 0.6.0 update disabled "F-function" it is now blank instead of "F". I'm hoping to figure out a way to add "custom" bindings still... Guess we'll see how it goes.. I'll probably release a simple version with 'G' as the battery on/off key.

And before anyone asks, THE VEHICLE GAUGES/CLUSTER AREN'T GOING TO BE MODDED IN THE FIRST VERSION.
    --- Post updated ---
    Experimental Version 0.6.0 Download Here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nnh3rp7y77nh6dm/More Features Mod 0.6.0 Experimental.zip?dl=0

Download not on BeamNG forums because it is VERY broken, this is only for people who want starting/stopping ASAP, and I don't want to fill their servers with versions that aren't needed. ;D

Battery Key is 'G' instead of 'F' at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, do you think you will be able to add the idle adjustment back in at some point (I remember you saying you can't do custom bindings anymore, or something like that?) I loved that feature, perfect for drag racing.

12. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping to, yes.. but it might not make it.. Don't keep your hopes up :(

13. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

:(

14. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Ok, for the first time I'm having the low FPS problem some of the users reported in previous versions. Tried deleting the cache and it's still there. Gonna try a bunch of other things though

Guess that's because of it being an experimental release, also the blinker sounds are disabled

15. amoore100

amoore100
    Expand Collapse

First off, I wanted to express my gratitude to you for making this mod. In my opinion, it is something that the developers should have implemented from the start and you are filling in a niche which was sorely missed by those of us who used similar features in RoR. Also a great thanks for releasing the experimental 0.6 version since (at least in my opinion) the most important feature is toggling the engine on or off, especially when spawning multiple vehicles or in accident situations ;)

Secondly, I don't want you to feel rushed about getting the update out, we will appreciate it whenever it arrives and it's just something that we all need to keep in mind with a constantly updating game like this one. With that said, I have a small request to make: in vehicles with automatic transmissions, whenever you put them into 'Park', the taillights illuminate. When you shut the engine off, they remain lit even though the brake is not engaged. I think that ruins the realism to some extent and was wondering if this was a plausible adjustment to make (as in, having brake lights shut off with the engine). Of course if it proves to be more complicated than it's worth then definitely don't worry about it but if it's relatively simple then I think this minor change would add a welcome bit of additional attention to detail.

• Like Like x 1
  16. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty much the reason why I started making this mod because I wanted to have the small, but very needed details in the game.

I'm still trying to figure out the input situation. I'm hoping it won't be very long, but I can't really work on the mod until I figure out a solution or the developers add something like this to the game (Thread here)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

i noticed that this mod breaks the new bollard prop.

i just wanted to report it so that it can eventually get fixed. idk if a lot of users use that new bollard prop anyways..

• Like Like x 1
  18. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Keep in mind, it is very experimental! xD
    but yeah, I noticed earlier that it didn't work.

Status Update:
    • Got custom inputmaps working without editing the "input_actions.json" (FINALLY)
    • Have to verify it is in fact stable.
    • Cons of this: Launching a map might take a little longer, but that doesn't hurt anyone, right?
    Expect Updates...
    Soon.

Status Update 2:
    • So, turns out it's very unstable. Guess you'll have to wait a little longer! :)

#658 StinchinStein, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Jorlman

Jorlman
    Expand Collapse

Did the conversation with tdev bring some light to the input issue at last?

By the way, I fixed the fps drop thing by... restarting the computer. Went to 10fps in East Coast to 50. felt REALLY dumb after that. So the experimental build is running pretty much fine at its current state. Keep up with the amazing work man!

On a side note, will blinker sounds/geargrinding be back on the next update?

20. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

Yes, they will probably be in the next update.

As for the FPS thing: Good, I couldn't figure out the issue as I don't have it.. xD

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice