More/extra sounds

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SKB, Apr 21, 2021.

1. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Since the game is running fmod, we have great engine sounds, good brake and suspension noises, and even crashes sound pretty good, road noise is also pretty good and tyre noise as well..

Now since we have so many ambient sounds and engine sounds, it feels like something is missing when you are on bumpy roads etc,
    Would the Dev's be able to add interior squeaks and rattles anytime soon? We can see the seats bounce/shake when there are a lot of bumps on the road but we can't hear it. Would it be possible to add them?

• Like Like x 2
  2. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

Yep, as you mention, we already have different suspension sounds for cars/vans/pickups/bus/trailers etc... but internal cabin rattles are on the list. In fact the sounds were done a long time ago, but we need some code support to implement them and it's not a high enough priority at the moment.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Good to know that's on the list! The sound is still pretty immersive, especially while Cruising at highway speeds.. somewhat calming :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

speaking of sound, is there any way to implement gabesters music into the game similar to minecraft music, when it just comes on at random times? i feel like that would add some ambience to the game when playing.
    it would probably come on if you were playing for 30 minutes or more

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

We have audio player mods, but I find it a bit difficult to install and use on my slow laptop and pc..
    Since this game is using fmod, guess we can implement the sound as if its coming through the cars speakers?
    Like the bus probably has tinny speakers, so the sound has a different quality, cars have much better sound quality becoz kerr.
    Having an in game music player would be good, euro truck has that but it doesn't sound like the music from truck speakers, it still has a waays to go to get it's sounds...

Getting back on topic,
    More ideas: as someone in the audio section had said, sounds change when doors are ripped off etc,
    Since most cars have 1 speaker per door, if we rip one of the doors off, the music would play through the other speakers and the sound balance would be off a bit....

This game has soooo many possibilities.. yikes. My brain can't handle that much lol

6. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

No - I don't want to do that.
    --- Post updated ---
    Once we have the modding template running, yes. But until our internal project is in a better state of being locked we can't proceed with that. In game music player is way down our priority list, there's so much more to sort out, especially things which I consider a bug - open tops sounding closed etc. etc. Speakers in doors is a good idea though, and wouldn't be difficult technically to do (you still need the music player though)

• Like Like x 2
  7. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

im imagining a door ripped of using 100% nodegrabber strength, start playing music, and behold, a portable speaker :p:p

hmmmm, i gueess there will be portable speakers after that then:rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

Door speakers are normally powered by the amp in the head unit though ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice