More D series parts; (Rust, camper, extended bed ...)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by James Smith, Mar 18, 2016.

1. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

Allow me to explain the somewhat vague title; I think a great edition to the parts selector would be an addition of more parts. For example, more types of bumpers and bed accessories for the D15, car body panels, aftermarket engines for the vehicles, aftermarket high performance brakes, different brands of superchargers, and other such parts.

As the game is at this point, only one option exists for most parts, for example, The Barstow only has stock, off the line engine options, when realistically a vehicle like that may have all sorts of aftermarket modifications and parts added years after production. Rusted parts may also be a fun addition. Not just a different skin, but body panels and frames that actually have a different J-beam and strength because the part is eaten away by rust and Rot:
    6a0105355ab3fc970b014e5fa426a0970c.jpg image005chas.jpg

--- Post updated ---
    I feel that after the recent addition of some excellent bed accessories for the D15, I should suggest more parts that might be fun.
    A camper:
    D15 shell.jpg D15 camper.jpg
    A long bed, same extended frame as the D25, but a longer bed rather than a longer cab.
    A step side Bed.
    A V6 Diesel engine.
    A V10 engine.
    Even Bigger off road tires.
    Baja/ Rock crawling Radiator mounted on Hood.
    Scooped/bulged hood to accommodate Diesel engine/bigger supercharger.
    Metal Bars to replace glass on off road/rock crawling pickups.
    Even more crazy off road bumpers, with LED trail lights and a winch.
    A snorkel for driving through water.
    A flag pole on the rear corner of the Bed.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

D series and roamer could use some nice running boards as well. As it stands, it would be quite difficult to get into a fully lifted roamer/d series.

3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Some of the stuff you mentioned was made by AR162B and included in his D series mod but it wold be nice if they were included in the stock game.

One thing I could suggest is bed liner.

4. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

What use would that be? Scratches are not expected to come soon, so a bed liner doesn't really serve any purpose.

5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

it just looks better in my eyes.

#5 ktheminecraftfan, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I think you may find that turning the friction up on the bed won't help anything, because of how lightweight the items are.

• Like Like x 1
  7. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

I think the purpose of a bed-liner would be mainly aesthetical. Just like chrome trim for the Grand Marshal or the Dirty skin for the D series.

• Like Like x 2
  8. simonfrat123

simonfrat123
    Expand Collapse

a modern interior would be nice for the d series.

9. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Except it's not a modern car... It's roughly 20 years old, of course it has a 20 year old interior.

10. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

If you look at a Ford Raptor, it has a different front fascia and hood than a normal F150, I think that may be a cool idea for the Off-road D15, A more aggressive front Fascia that says GAVRIL on it, and a vented hood to accommodate a reinforced and high efficiency radiator mounted to the hood. That way, when you drive over a jump or bump into a rock, your Radiator doesn't become damaged. By hood vents, I mean some things like this on the hood:
    c71072_1.jpg street-scene-custom-hood_6.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

I want the roamer front on a d15. kind of like a facelifted one.

12. simonfrat123

simonfrat123
    Expand Collapse

but it would be cool

13. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I guess you've never heard of realism. Fair enough.

• Like Like x 2
  14. coolbill14_ 2

coolbill14_ 2
    Expand Collapse

crew cab. roll CAGE, from offroad bumper with lights, front pushbar bumper. many things need to be added to the d series and hey why stop there :p why not a 2014 gavril d series! that would be nice to see some more "modern cars" in game and oh yeah accessories for current d series would be nice ;) just wait a while once gabe is done his current work on the 4 cars bruckell legran, gavril bluebuck, soliad wendover, etk 2400, and ibishu marimar maybe he will add some more :). or maybe the cars hes picked have been picked for a reason ,opinion , actually driven ,etc so just wait a while and time will all tell what happends. but i do hope these get added :D
    --- Post updated ---
    crew cab. roll CAGE, from offroad bumper with lights, front pushbar bumper. many things need to be added to the d series and hey why stop there :p why not a 2014 gavril d series! that would be nice to see some more "modern cars" in game and oh yeah accessories for current d series would be nice ;) just wait a while once gabe is done his current work on the 4 cars bruckell legran, gavril bluebuck, soliad wendover, etk 2400, and ibishu marimar maybe he will add some more :). or maybe the cars hes picked have been picked for a reason ,opinion , actually driven ,etc so just wait a while and time will all tell what happends. but i do hope these get added :D. Id love to see a 2014 d series!

15. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

Would you please explain what you mean by a modern interior.

16. coolbill14_ 2

coolbill14_ 2
    Expand Collapse

maybe on a 2014 d series a modern interior would look nice wink wink...

17. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps a little bit off-topic of the Original purpose of the thread, but a 2013-15 D series and a 1950's or 60's D series would be nice. That way there would be a nice spectrum of pickups.

18. coolbill14_ 2

coolbill14_ 2
    Expand Collapse

yeah and ever since the 1989 pessima was added and there was the 1998 pessima i was wanting "and im sure other do to" a different era of most vehicles! old and newer pickups, vans, sedans, coupes etc. but yeah i guess its going off topic :p

19. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

Well, after the snow storm hit Wisconsin this weekend, I was thinking, the D-15 could have a winter variant. A plow, trash can in the back presumably full of salt, a snow shovel, lots of rust and rot. Might be kind of cool.

20. coolbill14_ 2

coolbill14_ 2
    Expand Collapse

Yeah ikr having a snow plow would be pretty cool accept i guess instead of plowing snow you'd be hitting cars and pushing them off the road?, or anyway its a really cool idea! I think allot of the ideas on this thread are amazing ideas and i'd love to see atleast most of them in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice