More Cars Per "class"

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by derpfleet55, Dec 21, 2015.

1. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

I am posting this on its own as this is not intended as a direct vehicle suggestion, irregardless if a vehicle is mentioned in this post I'm sure it has probably been suggested in the vehicle suggestion's thread. Also this post is just another idea to throw onto the pile, But i would be happy if the devs, or anyone for that matter took a look. Also if this has been previously suggested, sorry, i am fine with removing the thread.

**Its a bit long, so i will wrap this in spoiler tags
    It would be nice to have three, or at least two competing vehicles per "class" by the time the game is released (some time down the road), as in much of car history more often than not there will be three main "sides" that compete, or at least one other vehicle that is created to compete with another. Take for example the 60's muscle car scene, although there is plenty of cars in that era often the three cars most brought up are the mustang, the camaro and the charger; Since beam tends to take influences from many cars, it would be nice to maybe have two other cars created as a mishmash of ideas at the time that would eventually create a similar trio in Beamng.
    **If my memory serves me correct gabe mentioned a charger-esque car is possibly on its way already, so at least there will be two.

This idea doesn't just apply to the 60's muscle car scene,that was just used as an easy example, as there are
    many cars that were created to compete (either racing wise, or economically) that are not easily captured in one car. Take for example the Ibishu Miramar, a car based on the late 60's-early 70's Japanese sport coupes scene, which was originally spawned to compete with Europe's mid - late 60's-70's sport coupe scene; maybe as a competitor to the miramar, a European car of similar stature could be created (say a mix of design around the BMW 2002, Alfa Romeo GTA, and Lancia Fulvia, among others). I'm sure anyone reading this thread can think of a trio of cars commonly compared in car circles, or at least a car or two created solely to compete with another, so why not replicate that community in beam somewhat?
    **Note however that some cars may not "work" as a created competing car, as the competing cars are too similar to create two of in beam, due to the mishmash nature of car creation by the devs, for example a competitor to the sunburst may not work well as it is a mix of both its competing cars (wrx sti & evo), and a competitor may feel redundant

If racing is to become a main component of this game, I feel it would be logical to have some cars to compete with, rather than one car "per class" so to speak. Furthermore if the game is to eventually have a multiplayer (hopefully!) certain modes like touge battles could be interesting, and could be feasibly created with the map size restrictions, as well as being within the limits of lower spec computers to handle multiple vehicles. Plus touge, or any one on one battle race types would benefit from at least two cars to compare/tune/race, as well as benefiting those who know how to set up their car well. Again this is all just an idea on the table, and wouldn't fully need to be applied to every class of car, although it would feel natural to have more than one car per class in those "classes" of car culture that frequently have two or three main cars to compare. I am not asking for the game to have a bazillion cars, as it does take something like a month of solid work per car (think i read gabe mentioning that somewhere) but only one car per "class" feels somewhat restrictive.[spoiler/]

2. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

i think that the devs will do this after they have filled the 'classes'

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice