More AI Cars With Less Computer Usage

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ahmed.K, Feb 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ahmed.K

Ahmed.K
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    Right now spawning some AI cars increases the CPU usage and the more you spawn AI cars(Options > Gameplay > Traffic) the more the CPU usage, and there might also be more GPU and Memory Usage, which eventually decreases the FPS.
    So it would be great if there was a option to choose between Realistic(High) , Normal, and Low Mode AI cars
    The Realistic(High) Mode AI Cars would use the realistic physics and have high CPU Usage
    The Normal Mode AI Cars would use the normal physics and have average/normal CPU Usage
    The Low Mode AI Cars should just be many cars which uses almost no physics and have a low CPU Usage

2. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

You can just turn on Simplified Collision Physics in the options menu.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That's not how the physics model works, bar toggling the "simplified collisions model" option as mentioned above. There is no "realistic/normal/almost no" option.

#3 ManfredE3, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ahmed.K

Ahmed.K
    Expand Collapse

Even after turning on Simplified Collision Physics, it still has a high CPU Usage(but it might have slightly decreased)
    I want it so I can go to Options > Gameplay > Traffic and put more than 10 in Traffic, If I change it to 20(by writing(not the slider)) then I get a very low FPS
    So there should be a way to put around 25 in Options > Gameplay > Traffic and still get a good FPS

5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

People dun understand how at one time you'd need a fast I7 to run one single T-75 without a trailer as those didn't exist at one time. Anything less and it was like 25fps on ONE vehicle...

These days you can expect to run more then 2-3 cars. It's amazing the optimization this game has achieved. And with the CPUs of today moving forward in core count very quickly it makes this game all the more viable with these optimizations.

But it really isn't that simple to just make a slider between how complex the simulation is at physic engine level, and again, remember at one time the idea of running more then 3 cars was out of reach for those of us who didn't own anything but the greatest CPUs available. Now it's much easier to achieve.

My 6 core I7 can run 9 before being completely bogged down, of course at that point more then 16gb of ram helps eliminate stuttering. And makes maps like Italy with traffic possible as well.

That same CPU used to cap at around 5 for the same performance. Also the simplified collision doesn't really help with having more cars rather just helps increase FPS a bit. It's designed to help users who play on like I3s and lower ect.

#5 KennyWah, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

How would you suggest they do that? Magic?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

If that's what it takes to get whatever CPU Crashhard01 has, then yes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

The game automatically adds traffic depending on how many cores you have on your CPU, more cores and the game will add more traffic, this is because adding more AI than you have cores, it will instantly slow the game down drastically.
    This is much better now from when the game first came out, but its still being improved.
    It's just a unique way of how the physics engine works compared to other games

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice