1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Moonhawk Interior Light Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by TheAdmiester, Feb 22, 2015.

1. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Just used the Moonhawk for the first time in a while, noticed a minor issue.

The right indicator's light on the dashboard doesn't work with the indicator or the hazard lights. Instead, it only comes on (solid, not flashing) when the headlights are on. I've left the HUD in each of these pics so you can see which interior light *should* be on in each. I took the screenshots as each indicator light was actually lit up instead of just having them triggered just for demonstration. This happens to all models.

Headlights on, no indicators:

(imported from here)
    Left indicator on, headlights on, now looks like hazard flashing:

(imported from here)
    No headlights, right indicator only:

(imported from here)
    No headlights, hazards on:

(imported from here)

I thought at first that it might be a weird intentional design with the car, but with the nature of it and the fact that the left one works as any other car's would, I think it's a bug.

2. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

It seems as though the right indicator signal has accidentally been wired with the headlamp circuit. I couldn't find any errors with the glowmaps, perhaps the cache thing messed it up somehow.

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Nah, not a cache thing. It does this on a fresh install with a cleared cache

For now just pretend it's part of the game and the Moonhawk is plagued with electrical issues.

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Everything is assigned correctly in the mesh and the glowmap. No idea. It used to work fine. I'm 99% sure this is a code bug because the "Low Coolant" light also comes on when you turn on the headlights, which makes no sense.

EDIT: Found the bug - turns out using nonexistent input sources, like "lowcoolant", breaks the entire thing. If I remove those, the signal works properly again. I'll have to add all those to the Lua with val = 0 to fix it.

EDIT 2: Adding those to electrics.lua makes no difference :( Guess I need to hack-fix this by assigning the nonexistent input sources to parkingbrake but making the "on" material not actually "on"

EDIT 3: Hack fix fixed the turn signals, but "Low Coolant" still turns on with the headlights :| No idea why.

#4 gabester, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  5. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like this discovery has opened a can of worms in the light coding, then.

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Material switching and/or electrics seem to have a relatively new bug that's causing this.

7. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

:cool:

#7 g0tsl33p14, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice