1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Mods causing default vehicles (made by devs) to not work? "Fatal vehicle exception" error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by billy corgan, Jan 4, 2017.

1. billy corgan

billy corgan
    Expand Collapse

Hello, once again, Beam forum, today there's another issue I encountered. Fyi, I have clean reinstalled and used the game without mods before pasting my backed up mods back into the mods folder. After the clean reinstall, with no mods whatsoever, the game worked well, including the garage. But now, with mods pasted back into the game, some of the vehicles (like the Pessima and Moonhawk) behave very strangely, mostly from the "Fatal Vehicle Exception" error. The garage also gets very slow and glitchy.

Any way to get rid of these issues? I really enjoy the mods, but when I wanna use default vehicles made by the BeamNG devs, errors always show up. Very strange considering I clean reinstalled, and saw that all of the default vehicles worked fine prior to the update, with no vehicle errors.

Thanks for the help!

2. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

What's strange? The issue is caused by a mod.
    As you said when mods were removed the game worked fine and when the mods were put back the problem came back. The logical solution is that it is one (or possibly more) of your mods.
    Disable all the mods and enable them back in groups to isolate out the culprit mod(s).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. billy corgan

billy corgan
    Expand Collapse

that sounds good. thanks. I knew it was a mod, I just didn't quite know how to fix the general problem while keeping the mods (or a majority of them).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice