Modding in review Blog

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by corvette81, Jul 2, 2019.

1. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Dear bng community,

I am sure something similar has been suggested before but I really think a great way to invigorate some more life into the modding community would be Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Semi Annual/Annual blogs covering all the latest from the modding's coming soon, updated, released and re-released mods. This would be great for the forum mods released that never make it to the repo and never have the chance to be featured.

Not only would this highlight which mods are hot right now but it would allow the developers to hold modding to a higher standard by only showcasing mods of good quality. Finding a freelance writer to be paid on a per article basis might only work is the rest of the dev team compiled a list of mods for the writer to cover but it could also be useful to have a new addition to the team specializing in writing/journalism. There could even be a video version to partner the blog on the quarterly milestones.

Now for this to work to a good enough standard I would recommend updating the entirety of the wiki to be current, I might even suggest doing without the weekly as that might wash it out a bit and strip the special-ness away of being mentioned having your mod showcased but I suggested it none the less as it could be used.

Forza has(had) weekly photo and livery creator competition's to showcase their skilled, talented community so why not take that idea and flip it on its head, just being mentioned in this would be an honor to modders, it wouldn't be a competition just a community spotlight for well deserved modders.

Food for thought, opinions below
    Corvette

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice