On Hold moddeling in blender with the newest update

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Alex.A_124, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Alex.A_124

Alex.A_124
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to model a car (note I am not trying to model this Ram it is way too hard for a beginner like me). So I am using this blueprint because I thought maybe the other blueprint that I was going to use is broken or something. I am watching a video on youtube on how to model. Actually, I watched like every video on how to model. And I get lost in the same spot. As you can see I have all of my blueprints set up. I get a plane block out and I have no idea what to do from there. All the videos are on the older version of blender and I think the controls have changed. Basically, I need some tips on how to model. Thank you for your help. Screenshot8.png Screenshot7.png

2. deemojz

deemojz
    Expand Collapse

You have to delete the cube and add a plane, the cube is only there to help line up reference images. Are you sure you’ve watched the videos ? Lol

3. Alex.A_124

Alex.A_124
    Expand Collapse

That is a plane

4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

To get most of the Blender 2.79 (or older (pre-UI revamp)) key shortcuts back, you have to open Blender, go to Edit, click on Preferences, go down to Keymap & at the top of the window change Blender to Blender 27X & change Select with to Right click

Other than that, it's just pretty much watching a few tutorials to learn the basics of Blender & its UI, then to experiment yourself with some of the options just so you know what's what when it comes to modeling & the "language" used by people

5. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Pro tip: don’t do a car when you dont know how to model. Cars are very complicated. Look up blender guru and follow his donut and chair tutorial series. Then get good at primitive modeling. Finally you can learn how to make a car

6. Alex.A_124

Alex.A_124
    Expand Collapse

ok thanks for your help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice