Modded an Xrocker Pulse Chair today..

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by JDMClark, May 2, 2014.

1. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

So I found this chair at a yard sale for 5$.. I flipped out bout it and rushed home like a little kid I am.. Realized that they didn't give me a power cable for it so I went back by.. They didn't have a cable.. So I couldn't test if it worked.. Ordered a 9v1amp cable on eBay to give it a spin. Get the cable and decided to give it a spin.. Disappointed.. Audio was cloudy and distorted.

Well I got bored.. My 5$ investment just stared at me and it was making me angry. Suddenly a wild idea appeared! I had an older home theater sub laying around. I should gut it use its amp and sub for the the chair and mod the poopoo out of it.

I tested some car speakers I had laying around and using the chairs amplifier it was just murky crappy doodoo. So completely avoiding everything the xrockers system, I used the subwoofers 110watt amp to power everything. I just finished wiring everything up the only reason I have the xrocker power supply/amp thingy is cause I use it to just power on the leds on the chair lol. Tell me what yall think of it.

uploadfromtaptalk1399011026254.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1399011058449.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Epicly kinky cool.
    :D

3. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Only one suckish problem. The speakers up top work just fine and even with testing other speakers it does the same thing.. They sound like they are turned down to like, 4/10. I'm using an aux cable to send audio from my phone to the chair.. Kinda rigged it up but what u see didn't cost me a dollar just rigging together what I have.

4. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

Does it still function as a working chair? heh

5. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Yeah of course. Flip it back around u can sit in it and crank up music and shake your whole house with the sub. I do need to move the subs location some because I'm 6'4'' 200+ lbs and I can feel the magnet on the sub a little bit. Just need to move it away from where my back hits the chair. It's super comfy. And now you can shake the house and pretty much get a feel body massage in it lol.

6. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

lol sweet, I've always wanted a chair with speakers, could never warrant an actual reason for buying one though, lol
    at $5 what a bargain

7. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

uploadfromtaptalk1399012479575.jpg

It's a good looking chair though. Feels like real leather but it's not. It's comfy though

8. daniel_j

daniel_j
    Expand Collapse

damn, that looks nice.
    now all you need to do is build a stand for it :p

9. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Was actually just thinking about that. Kinda wish it was the higher end model though. They make them with stands it's suppose to have arm rests but apparently last owner lost them. If someone could find the arm rests separate online somewhere for me that would be awesome :D

Was thinking of using the rolling chair bottom but these chairs need to be able to rock around and plus with everything in this thing now it weighs about 40-50 pounds.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

11. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Omg yessss my friend has a small eBay business selling leds. Might get him to hook me up lol. Maybe do the old school wire leds to sub so they come on as it hits idk.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I use tayda electronics for LEDs and resistors. They do have a minimum order price though and its slow boat from Asia somewhere (I think Thailand rather than China for once).

Still. Product received is always decent enough quality and it's fairly cheap per unit. Probably not the cheapest out there but they'll do.

13. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Yeah.. Honestly done have anywhere to put leds.. Main focus is to get some very loud audio going it's got thump but for some reason I can't get the speakers to play loud. Hooking them up to the subwoofer plug almost blows them. And not with treble. Bass. The xrocker system made them play quiet and now I'm completely away from it. Even with my sub amp they are still quiet. And I've tried lots of things. Half of what ud suggest by looking at the pics.

14. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

yay omg video

#14 JDMClark, May 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  15. Cartman372

Cartman372
    Expand Collapse

"the computer doesn't send enough power to it"

Pretty sure that's the job of the amplifier, no? Sounds like the volumes on the laptop itself either aren't set high enough or the amp isn't up to the job.

Never had an issue using a laptop for supplying sound, even to our Behringer Europower PMP980S

Cool project anyway. I remember having a chair similar to that years ago but one of my pups at the time decided it would be a good chew toy.

EDIT: Went looking and turns out I have a picture of it, bonus image of my cat who was sitting in it at the time. It's an X Rocker II

(imported from here)

#15 Cartman372, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  16. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Running aux from pc vs aux from phone.. My phone for some reason my phone is louder.

17. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Did you use line out or headphones ports on PC? Audio signals are driven by voltage rather than current, but line out ports have a narrow DC only voltage range whereas a headphones/speaker port is AC with a larger voltage range too. Inadvertently connecting headphones and speakers to a line level output can cause the same problem you are having.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice